Uniview RTSP Audio Stream Not Working in UI3, but does in VLC

Karson

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a few Uniview IPC3634SR3-ADPZ-F camera's in BI5. I'm not able to get audio to play (live or clips/recordings), however I am able to get audio playing when accessing the RTSP URL in VLC (can see audio stats flowing) and through the camera's WebUI just fine. UI3 shows 0 bits per second when inspecting the camera's stats, so it leads me to believe this is a setup issue in BI.

Is there a way to inspect the stream(s) to see if perhaps the audio path needs something? This is how BI autodiscover's the device:

1634306576225.png

1634307503363.png

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a few Uniview IPC3634SR3-ADPZ-F camera's in BI5. I'm not able to get audio to play (live or clips/recordings), however I am able to get audio playing when accessing the RTSP URL in VLC (can see audio stats flowing) and through the camera's WebUI just fine. UI3 shows 0 bits per second when inspecting the camera's stats, so it leads me to believe this is a setup issue in BI.

Is there a way to inspect the stream(s) to see if perhaps the audio path needs something? This is how BI autodiscover's the device:

View attachment 104898

View attachment 104905
Try using the "RTP/UDP ports" options. Here is what I found in the documentation.

"The RTP/UDP option is for certain RTSP streaming connections. If your camera is not
producing a stream in Blue Iris, yet works with the VLC software using the same RTSP
video path, there’s a chance that VLC is using RTP/UDP. Blue Iris does not use this by
default as it’s less reliable and requires the use of multiple ports for streaming. With this
option you will need to specify a port number, however 4 ports are actually used, so this
number must be evenly divisible by 4."