Unhide Camera

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to move the Clip List to the right side! Thanks! That was effortless once you know that trick. I still don't see how to get rid of the colored top bars with names on each camera. If I right-click on a camera pane it gives me a menu that does not mention show/hide camera names. If I left-click on a camera pane it simply selects the pane (outline in white). If I right-click on the colored name bar it gives me a small menu but again nothing about show/hide camera name. A left-click on the name bar again simply selects the frame.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a much earlier version than yours (5.4.7.11 June 2021) so I can't help much but on mine:
  • Under Blue Iris "Settings" => "cameras" there's some camera border selections
  • Under Camera "settings" => "General" there are some border color settings

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Again, all explained in the BI help.
You need to click the Edit Layout icon before being able to right click a cam to add/remove names, etc.
Pencil Icon, 2nd from left.
1674578466718.png

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Again, all explained in the BI help.
You need to click the Edit Layout icon before being able to right click a cam to add/remove names, etc.
Pencil Icon, 2nd from left.
View attachment 151837
Ah, that was it. Now it looks pretty close to the way I remember it. Oops I still have a camera missing. I'll have to re-figure out that last camera change that I did. Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oops I still have a camera missing.
Minimize BI and see if it's 'hiding' under the console window on the desktop, meaning that possibly "open in a desktop frame" in the "camera settings" context menu (right click) was accidentally checked. If that was your issue, then note that the next month after your version has the following update regarding "desktop frames" :

"5.5.1 - September 23, 2021
The camera layout option to Open in desktop frame is now memorized per group as well as per camera. When selecting a group on the console, cameras are automatically moved to the desktop or back to the console. Cameras that are not in the selected group are left as they were. Camera desktop window position is currently not group dependent at this time."

Last edited:

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, now I remember. I had one camera die last summer. The connector got wet and fried the camera -- or at least I have not been able to get it working again even with a new connector patched on.