Unable to use ONVIF with authentication enabled

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Has anyone run into issues with using ONVIF inspection with the ONVIF authentication enabled? I have a remote camera which I access via port-forwarding on the router at the remote site. I am unable to use ONVIF to configure the camera in my Blue Iris software unless I disable the authentication.

I've read elsewhere that some of the newer models of the IP5M-T1179EW-28MM have some sort of bug where the cameras admin user credentials are not the same as the ONVIF creds.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you made sure that the user and password is showing up in the ONVIF account as well - there are two accounts...

CarlosBarletta

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone run into issues with using ONVIF inspection with the ONVIF authentication enabled? I have a remote camera which I access via port-forwarding on the router at the remote site. I am unable to use ONVIF to configure the camera in my Blue Iris software unless I disable the authentication.

I've read elsewhere that some of the newer models of the IP5M-T1179EW-28MM have some sort of bug where the cameras admin user credentials are not the same as the ONVIF creds.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Amcrest Technologies are Onvif Compliant however, there are many different types of Onvif versions and profiles so we recommend checking with us so that we can better answer your question. (1-713-893-8956)

Amcrest Team

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you made sure that the user and password is showing up in the ONVIF account as well - there are two accounts...
I'm all ears on where such ONVIF account settings could be entered/verfied/configured. I've searched everywhere in the camera's web pages for a secondary set of creds, but haven't found any place where they're listed. And on Blue Iris, I don't know of a separate place for ONVIF creds either...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I sent a support request ticket through their website. The response said they'd escalate it to their "back end support". They also suggested updating the firmware as whatever is on the camera is apparently not the latest version. Have not had a chance to try that in the interim, but will in the coming days as I get access to the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm all ears on where such ONVIF account settings could be entered/verfied/configured. I've searched everywhere in the camera's web pages for a secondary set of creds, but haven't found any place where they're listed. And on Blue Iris, I don't know of a separate place for ONVIF creds either...
It isn't in Blue Iris, it is in the camera settings - system - account - ONVIF User tab. Make sure whatever user/pw you have for the account is also in the ONVIF user tab. Or just make one for the ONVIF user:

1614140438121.png

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Oh how I wish that would have worked, but unfortunately I'm running the Amcrest firmware, not dahua....

Screenshot_20210224-074006.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not for that particular camera, but if you find the Dahau model it is the same as, it is an easy process. I have done it to Lorex and an old amcrest I didn't care if it bricked and it worked.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have not for that particular camera, but if you find the Dahau model it is the same as, it is an easy process. I have done it to Lorex and an old amcrest I didn't care if it bricked and it worked.
Ok. I may play with that on a local camera. I have 6 of them at the remote site, and while changing over to Dahua may be simple, it's a step I'd rather avoid due location. On an aside, one of the really nice features of the Amcrest firmware on this model is the ability to view the camera's GUI in native Chrome/brave. No plugins needed. Do you know if the Dahua firmware also provides that capability?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Bingo. I just downloaded the Dahua equivalent firmware and it works like a charm. Now I see ONVIF section. And the answer to my question is YES, it does not require a Plugin when using the Dahua firmware.

THANK YOU!

1614298456249.png