Unable to find/ connect my bullet cam

derost

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All...
I've got (4) FI9900W's (version 1.0) that came with an NVR set up (FN7108W-B4-1T) I got last year.

Learning so much from this forum, I rebuilt an old computer to run BlueIris and have installed a Foscam PTZ I had, along with 2 new Amcrest (5MP & 8MP). I would like to utilize my 9900's but can't find them on the network. I've tried advanced IP scanner, along with Foscam's scanner and still nothing. I can get an IP address for them individually through the NVR, and I can get an IP for the NVR. I can't find them even when directly connected by ethernet to the network.

Your thoughts would be appreciated... and I won't be surprised if there is something glaringly obvious staring me in the face that I am just seeing.

Thanks,
Doug

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's probably a proprietary protocol between the wireless cams and the wireless NVR which likely prevents streaming from a cam directly to Blue Iris.

If you can view the cams on your NVR, I'm thinking your best bet would be to stream from the NVR to Blue Iris; all 4 cams set up in BI would have the same IP (the NVR's LAN IP) but each cam in BI would be configured as a different channel number.

In BI, try putting in the NVR's LAN IP, username and password and click on "Find/Inspect".

derost

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Tony, unfortunately no luck. I tried every possible variation of the make/ model (Generic and Foscam) and simply got nowhere.
I can see it advanced IP scanner, and the attached is the result of the find/ inspect.
Now you may all be looking at this and seeing the problem immediately, but for me and my bordering novice brain I don't see the answer.

Attachments

derost

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I finally got an answer back from Foscam stating that the cameras can not be used alone, ONLY with the NVR. Not sure if that is just protecting their product line from being used with other devices or if that is actually the case. If anyone thinks they have a work around I would love to hear it.
Crud...

NeoR

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the same setup and it's a crap. No way to get the rtsp stream or https access.
Cams can only communicate with the NVR due to the mesh network but I cant find a way to get the streams from the NVR.
Also they limit remote access to 3 devices... a local monitor counts as 1 lol