UI3 on Fire TV stick shutting off?

Reaction score
Makes me want to see if my housemates POS Nightowl would work on a 30 footer to the kitchen wall TV. Of course that creates new problems. The mouse.... :)
worth a shot. if a no go, can use the HDMI cable for something else in the future.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
"This will replace the 50' HDMI cable I have running from a Blue Iris server downstairs to my upstairs smart tv"

50 feet? how did you do that....I thought they could only be like 5-6 feet long.
I use a monoprice active hdmi cable to run from my server closet to an input on my A/V receiver in my living room, so I can access see the BI cpu on my living room TV. I also ran a powered USB extender to the receiver cabinet so I can plug the mouse/keyboard wireless dongle in at the living room. I use the mouse and keyboard from the couch. I think the cables were around 50 or 75 feet. It has been rock solid for over a year.

Reaction score
I use a monoprice active hdmi cable to run from my server closet to an input on my A/V receiver in my living room, so I can access see the BI cpu on my living room TV. I also ran a powered USB extender to the receiver cabinet so I can plug the mouse/keyboard wireless dongle in at the living room. I use the mouse and keyboard from the couch. I think the cables were around 50 or 75 feet. It has been rock solid for over a year.
is there a benefit of using a a/v receiver for HDMI instead of directly into a tv?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
is there a benefit of using a a/v receiver for HDMI instead of directly into a tv?
Not really. In my case, I have a Samsung TV with that goofy proprietary hdmi input box (one connect I believe it is called) with a very short 6 foot cable. I have my TV over the fireplace, so its easier for me to let the receiver do the hdmi input switching and only run 1 hdmi cable up to the TV versus having to run 5 or 6 of them up there.

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
learned really fast to disable screen saver and also to set UI3 timeout to 0 so that it never disconnected :)
Stupid question I’m sure, but where do you set the UI3 timeout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've had UI3 on my fire stick for nearly 2 weeks. One time, I had an error saying 'out of memory'. Pretty sure was a error window from the stick itself. Power cycled stick and things are back to 100%. Will keep eye on it to see if happens often.
But I gotta say...for $39, this is a wonderful way to keep UI3 on any TV that has a HDMI input.

Reaction score
Though the firestick method saved my security anxiety in a pinch... I am now looking to go a different route. I am unsure as to why, but the side loaded chrome with UI3 on the firestick keeps asking me to re-log back in. Probably has something to do with the firestick itself going back to the amazon firestick home page once week or so. I try to run UI3 24/7 but I guess the firestick says nono. At least, I do not know how to tell it to stay on chrome/UI3 24/7. I mean, I leave it there. Something kicks it out or timesout back to the amazon home page. grrr.
so now it's rasberry pi time.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm, mine auto log-in to my previous session all the time - on all 5 FireTV's/sticks. I just only need to manually maximize them if they restart for any reason. The house acceptance factor has been he highest using FireTV's compared to any method I prev used so I've never tried another method.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I just got this Stream TV device with my Verizon 5g Home internet, after seeing this thread I wondered if there was Browser function ( thinking UI3 would be cool)
I found the Google play store on the device, and found a browser. i was able to type my IP address for UI3 and boom it's working.
browser.jpgstream2.jpgstreamtv.jpg

Last edited: