UI3 layout file location

Reaction score
Does anyone know where UI3 pulls the camera layout from when you connect with a web browser?

App on my phone is always good but about a year ago I added a camera or two and since then whenever the Service or computer is restarted, the layout via UI3 does not match the console.
The easy fix is simply clicking the layout edit button in the console and it refreshers all/any UI3 screens, or makes it so the next time a UI3 login happens it displays correctly.

To me, it seems like the UI3 layout config file is not getting permanently updated, only refreshed in cached memory on the BI workstation when the edit layout is clicked; but gets wiped/refreshed at reboot or restart of the service.
Maybe a Windows write-protect issue? Or a corrupted UI3 config file?
I have searched but nothing stands out and it appears that write permissions everywhere are good.
I have tried with many devices and browsers, completely reset browser, nothing changes.
One test was I logged in with a browser from 3 different devices (2 Windows, 1 Mac) and everything looked good: restarted the BI service and when the UI3 logins refreshed, they were all wrong, but all the same.
Logged into the local console and simply clicked the "edit layout" button - No changes, just clicked the button, and all of the screens updated to the correct layout.
Seems there is a layout/config file on the BI server that is not updated, by clicking the edit layout, this is putting the current layout in some cache memory or ?? and stays until the next reboot or service restart.

Not a programmer but have been around long enough to know the issue must be on the BI server and not in any one browser settings.

Where does this layout information reside? If I could find the file I could rename and force BI to rebuild and maybe solve the issue in 2 minutes, just cannot find anything that appears to be "it".
Any ideas or help is appreciated. Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What version of UI3?
In UI3, go to UI Settings > Video Player > Dynamic Group Layout; is Dynamic Group Layout turned on or off?