UI3 crashing

Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone experiencing issues with Blue Iris UI3 crashing and reloading itself? The error code says Blue Iris session has expired. Attempting recovery. This only occurs on iOs on mobile browser. I don't seem to have a problem while on a laptop browser.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Check if Blue Iris is actually the thing crashing. Look at the Log tab and see if it is really short and has a note about an unexpected shutdown near the bottom.

When UI3 detects session loss and reloads itself, that is not a crash, that is UI3 responding as gracefully as it knows how to after bad behavior from Blue Iris. It is on my todo list to improve the session recovery so it doesn't need to reload the page, but I have no ETA on that. My own BI systems are stable so improving how failures are handled is not so easy for me to do. lol.

Reaction score
Actually, it may have been a browser issue . Think I had it figured it out, cuz it stopped doing it once I clicked a few buttons …

Should have annotated what buttons I clicked, but was rushing out of the office .

Check if Blue Iris is actually the thing crashing. Look at the Log tab and see if it is really short and has a note about an unexpected shutdown near the bottom.

When UI3 detects session loss and reloads itself, that is not a crash, that is UI3 responding as gracefully as it knows how to after bad behavior from Blue Iris. It is on my todo list to improve the session recovery so it doesn't need to reload the page, but I have no ETA on that. My own BI systems are stable so improving how failures are handled is not so easy for me to do. lol.