UI3 and mobile app camera layout

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - how is it possible to change the camera layout in the mobile app and also UI3 console? Currently I have 8 cameras and the two indoor cameras occupy the largest area on the top followed by outdoor cameras. In BI console, I played around with changing frame size but it didn't change any of the layout. Is there a way to arrange each camera such as garage top left, front door top right and so on

Thx

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
1611253630789.png

BI 5.3.8.9, using BI3 v138.
Is there a way for the camera pictures arrange themselves when the browser window is resized. I have tried several settings in the BI program but haven't found a way for it to work properly. In this case I would want them to be 2 across so the pictures are bigger and less black at the top and bottom.
Thanks...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way for the camera pictures arrange themselves when the browser window is resized. I have tried several settings in the BI program but haven't found a way for it to work properly. In this case I would want them to be 2 across so the pictures are bigger and less black at the top and bottom.
No. You can only set the frame size manually as described in the link above.

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
OK now I understand why it does that if it is one picture sent. I suppose that saves bandwidth at the expense of flexibility.
Is there any explanation of the settings 1:1, 1;2, etc and 1-up, 2-up,etc? I don't see much change with these. If I knew what they are for it might help me understand.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider logging into UI3 with "http://Your-BI-Server-IP:BI-port/ui3.htm?maximize=1"
You're adding "?maximize=1" at the end of how you normally do it. This will allow more room.
Then on the BI console drag and drop the displayed camera frames where you want them...experiment!
Toggle back and forth between full screen UI3 by clicking on the square down at the lower right.

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
Consider logging into UI3 with "http://Your-BI-Server-IP:BI-port/ui3.htm?maximize=1"
You're adding "?maximize=1" at the end of how you normally do it. This will allow more room.
Then on the BI console drag and drop the displayed camera frames where you want them...experiment!
Toggle back and forth between full screen UI3 by clicking on the square down at the lower right.
I tried this both ways and didn't see any noticable difference in Chrome or Firefox. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep experimenting.

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
Those settings work only in Blue Iris's local console, and allow you to have a small number of cameras appear larger than others. It doesn't affect UI3 at all though.
OK Thanks! Great job on the UI3! In the future, if there are updates, it would be nice to have a customizable drag drop web interface. Having done a lot of programming myself, I know that would be a lot of extra work and could affect performance some.

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I guess what you are saying is that UI3 would not be able to have this functionality unless something in the BI program was changed.

Right now the display of cameras is different using the browser than what is shown on the PC that BI is running on. On the web interface (above picture) there is 4 smaller camera rectangles across the top, the next row down has 3 (larger), the row after that has 3 (larger) as well. The PC has 3 rows of 3 each (all basically the same size), plus one on the bottom row (10 cams total).

From what I have understood from the previous posts, there is only one tab (Webcasting) that affects what the browser view will look like. Any other settings only affect what is seen on the PC screen. Is that correct?

If so, sometime in the future there possibly could be a "Browser Window Editor" where one could place and size the camera rectangles for what was desired to be seen via the browser? It seems possible. Nicer to do the arranging from the web side, but from the PC would be next best.

I'm new to BI having just installed it last week so I don't know the ins and outs and quirks yet...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I guess what you are saying is that UI3 would not be able to have this functionality unless something in the BI program was changed.
That is right. Once upon a time, I asked the Blue Iris developer to let UI3 specify the group frame size but he declined.

So the only way you can affect the layout is within Blue Iris's local console by rearranging cameras and changing the group frame size. These two things do affect the web interface layout, and if you get your frame size to be similar to the shape of the space Blue Iris has in its local console, then the camera layout should be the same. Details and screenshots are in that link which @TonyR posted in post #2.

haynstyle

n3wb
Reaction score
so I noticed that the set frame size in BI Console application is no longer available? Anyone know how I can resize all screens to the same size? The slide screen resize is also gone...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so I noticed that the set frame size in BI Console application is no longer available? Anyone know how I can resize all screens to the same size? The slide screen resize is also gone...
So the link in Post #2 is of no help?

EDIT: see post 15, below.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That page is outdated @TonyR. Group sizing is now handled differently using the "Edit layout" button in the local console.

1649202989191.png

And also in Group Settings in UI3's video player context menu:

1649203011868.png

Reaction score
Just found this. Mine is ending up like this. As far as I can tell the Dynamic group resolution does nothing, nor does the fit to viewport. Nothing I can see in BI affects this either.

1678388606813.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In the Blue Iris local console, choose the desired group and click the "Edit Layout" button to the right of the group selection dropdown list. Then, right click any camera to access a menu of options to configure the group layout.

You might have it stuck on a particular resolution or aspect ratio there.