TUYA POE Doorbell

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Tuya Smart Video Doorbell/Intercom 1080p Camera with PoE (802.3af) Supports Electric Locks Wired/Wireess Access Control

Am looking for a POE video doorbell to repalce an EZVIZ DB1 that keeps dropping off the network (despite an access point 2 feet away) and wondering if anyone has tried this offering from TUYA?

I would want BI (v5) to record and send alerts as it currently does with the DB1.

Or is there another reliable POE unit?

Thanks
please purchase this and be the guinea pig, would love to see some sample video. i have a brand new in box DB1C for sale in the sale forum.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Do what I should have done. Get a "boobie" cam to cover the front door and package areas, use a real doorbell and if you want audio add a simple intercom. Maybe a little more expensive but it's reliable and works without any cloud based crap and stays connected because it's not WiFi.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@sebastiantombs - Have my eye on a Hikvision minidome that I can put on a mounting brackets - that way I hope that the IR will miss the porch wall and not be a waste of time. Need to investigate if BI allows two way audio via the android app....

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@Dewcal The Dahua "boobie" cam should still do the trick f mounted vertically to the wall. One camera looking, basically, out away from the house and the second looking, basically, down to watch the package area. Granted, it doesn't have audio but a simple, cheap, intercom can fix that.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@sebastiantombs - Thanks for this - had no idea the "boobie" cams existed! Seems like a good solution. I would need to make up some kind of a mounting brackets as the front door / porch has about a six inch protrusion all around so mounting will be a challenge. I would not wish to drill holes inthe "protrusion" although couldbe tempted - will need to think about it!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
tuya specs look good on paper, im really surprised there are not more real world reviews out there.

also looks like u can easily get it out of the tuya cloud here

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
@flynreelow - thanks for this and the video link - pity I am using Homeseer as I have yet to find a way to get local control! I need to investigate further - just seen a link on the Homeseer forum which might sort it out for me.

Am wondering if this is a Yoosee brand? Wireless smart HD video intercom/doorbell camera
wow.. i knew that ordering page looked familiar. def looks like the yosee page as well, and from the looks of that cheap POE doorbell, it seemed to work good after a firmware hack. alof of guys over there in the yoosee thread were pretty smart to compile a new firmware update that fixed a few issues.