Turrent or Dome

Reaction score
Im torn between the VR Zoom Dome or the Turrent for the camera's facing the door entrances. I think the sweet spot on either will be around 4mm range regardless.

I like the VR Dome just to how it *looks*. Very compact, subtle, not in your face.....
Are the new Turrents that much better in IR performance.
For the application at hand, it would probably be for nightime recognition of faces should something occur...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you care about IR performance, then nothing beats Huisun mini ptz. Even though it's not really subtle, I wouldn't get anything else at the moment for outdoor coverage. Second choice would probably be a "turrent". I don't really like or recommend domes mainly because sometimes it's a pain to deal with mounting/adjustment/ir reflection and quickly degrading mini irs. I have new 4MP domes with a few IRs already dimly lit and my 2 year old mini dome has half of the leds burned out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I just looked up the Huisun mini ptz. With those IR's, it should work better but if only it was offered in a dome variant. How does that saying go - fashion versus function

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Turret every time. Have used both many, many times and I no longer install domes.

Reaction score
I ordered a turrent to see how it would look....

Any rattle can these. I may just spray paint these brown to blend in with the brickwork ?

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered a turrent to see how it would look....

Any rattle can these. I may just spray paint these brown to blend in with the brickwork ?
I've spray painted a couple of turrets, it's all good and they blend in well.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have turrets and one dome and the dome is the worst camera I have put up. Awkward to install and at night it's useless. You would think the dome cover has a white fog type glare on it. Great for daytime use though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I will look into the suggestions in that thread