Trying to send URL command to BI server and failing

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've been trying everything and I'm having no luck getting a camera to trigger by issuing a URL command via WebCore/Smartthings. It would help if I could see verbose logs from BI that could possibly help me see why this isn't working.

This URL syntax works great from any web browser on my LAN to trigger a camera:
10.1.X.XX:8347/admin?camera=Driveway_Cam&trigger&user=Xxxxx&pw=Xxxxx

However, when I send the exact same URL via WebCore/Smartthings, nothing happens. Perhaps the BI logs could help. The BI5 Log folder is empty. Thanks!

caddyman68

n3wb
Reaction score
Having the same problem. Lots of info on things that don't seem to work - only for some people. I don't even have to put in user and pw from browser, but I tried with or without in the "Get" command in Webcore. No luck on Webcore forum for me. either

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Having the same problem. Lots of info on things that don't seem to work - only for some people. I don't even have to put in user and pw from browser, but I tried with or without in the "Get" command in Webcore. No luck on Webcore forum for me. either
I finally got it working. Un-check the "secure session/login" box on Settings/Web server/Advanced and see if that works.

caddyman68

n3wb
Reaction score
I was pretty sure I had tried that since I saw something similar in another thread. I just tried again (all combinations of no/all connections or non-lan only with or without the box checked. I also tried with or without user/pw in webcore (I think) since it works with or without login info from a lan browser.
It seems like it has to be on the BI end because I get "Sending internal web request to: 192.168.0.#:****/admin?profile=5&lock=2&user=Xxxx&pw=XXxx " from the Webcore log but then get " another log entry 18 seconds later (I assume this is a response to the "Get" request). I had auto-ban and release banned IP checked also in BI and tried unchecked. I wish I could find the BI logs to see if they are refusing the connection.
Glad yours works. I'm starting to think I should give up.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ultimately, I decided that I didn't want to decrease security by turning off "Use secure session keys and login page".

Instead, I turned that back on and allowed the BI admin account access from only a couple of IPs on my LAN. Under Settings>Web Server>Advanced, set Authentication to be required from "All connections" and confirm the checkbox is checked. Then below, enter the IP of your Smartthings Hub with a caret in front of it like this... ^192.168.1.XXX. Adding the caret tells BI to only allow admin connections from that IP and to block any others. You can add multiple IPs if you'd like... i.e. ^192.168.1.XXX, ^192.168.1.XXX.

After that's all set, I use this syntax to execute the web URL "Get" command from Webcore:
192.168.1.XXX:8347/admin?camera=Back_Motion_Group&trigger&user=Xxxxx&pw=Xxxxx

I use port 8347 because I'm using Stunnel and I'm triggering a group of cameras instead of just one. Hope this helps!

caddyman68

n3wb
Reaction score
Ultimately, I decided that I didn't want to decrease security by turning off "Use secure session keys and login page".

Instead, I turned that back on and allowed the BI admin account access from only a couple of IPs on my LAN. Under Settings>Web Server>Advanced, set Authentication to be required from "All connections" and confirm the checkbox is checked. Then below, enter the IP of your Smartthings Hub with a caret in front of it like this... ^192.168.1.XXX. Adding the caret tells BI to only allow admin connections from that IP and to block any others. You can add multiple IPs if you'd like... i.e. ^192.168.1.XXX, ^192.168.1.XXX.

After that's all set, I use this syntax to execute the web URL "Get" command from Webcore:
192.168.1.XXX:8347/admin?camera=Back_Motion_Group&trigger&user=Xxxxx&pw=Xxxxx

I use port 8347 because I'm using Stunnel and I'm triggering a group of cameras instead of just one. Hope this helps!
Thanks, but wouldn't that prevent me from connecting with the Blue Iris app from outside my network? I use No-ip, so maybe if I can enter the ip "XXX. no-ip.org:####.
I just want Webcore to trigger a change in profile dependent on whether I'm home or not. Might be something I can do with Geo fencing. I have 1 profile for night, 3 for day, and thought I could just use 2 more for away day and away night. Have interior cameras I don't want recording while I'm home. I also like to learn new things, but it seems to be getting harder as I get older.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks, but wouldn't that prevent me from connecting with the Blue Iris app from outside my network? I use No-ip, so maybe if I can enter the ip "XXX. no-ip.org:####.
I just want Webcore to trigger a change in profile dependent on whether I'm home or not. Might be something I can do with Geo fencing. I have 1 profile for night, 3 for day, and thought I could just use 2 more for away day and away night. Have interior cameras I don't want recording while I'm home. I also like to learn new things, but it seems to be getting harder as I get older.
If your Smartthings Hub is on the same LAN as your cameras, Webcore URL requests will be sent from the local IP of the ST hub. I don't access my BI workstation remotely so I'm not sure about that. I use No-IP as well, but never tried what you're saying... would require port forwarding? I just use it for the WAN configuration of BI on the workstation and mobile app.

caddyman68

n3wb
Reaction score
If your Smartthings Hub is on the same LAN as your cameras, Webcore URL requests will be sent from the local IP of the ST hub. I don't access my BI workstation remotely so I'm not sure about that. I use No-IP as well, but never tried what you're saying... would require port forwarding? I just use it for the WAN configuration of BI on the workstation and mobile app.
I think you can port forward or use VPN to access remotely. I had good luck configuring Geofence. I had looked at it before and didn't think I could change entire schedules for inside and outside. The option was greyed out/ only gave "default" - of course I had to make another schedule to be given options. Now I have a Home and Away schedule where home triggers the outside cameras and away triggers all cameras. Each has profiles for different times of day. I also learned a lot about copying profiles. Hopefully I won't forget next time I need to know. There are some great Blue Iris tutorials on Youtube. I watched a lot when I first tried this, but they didn't get into switching schedule with Geofence, just profiles - user had an inside and an outside profile, but that limited him to two and the other 5 would never trigger. Thanks for helping me work through this. This forum has the friendliest people and I have got a lot of information from the pros here. No two problems ever seem to be exactly the same.

Reaction score
I've been trying everything and I'm having no luck getting a camera to trigger by issuing a URL command via WebCore/Smartthings. It would help if I could see verbose logs from BI that could possibly help me see why this isn't working.

This URL syntax works great from any web browser on my LAN to trigger a camera:
10.1.X.XX:8347/admin?camera=Driveway_Cam&trigger&user=Xxxxx&pw=Xxxxx

However, when I send the exact same URL via WebCore/Smartthings, nothing happens. Perhaps the BI logs could help. The BI5 Log folder is empty. Thanks!
Hi ,
Did you manage to solve it ?