Trying to keep small camera view below clips list from changing

briansong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to keep the small single camera viewer that is below clips list from changing.

Camera cycling is off.

It is currently viewing a single camera that I do not wish to keep there permanent. It is not cycling but does change on occasion.

I just cannot figure out how to choose which camera to keep there permanent.

I have read help file but cannot nail it down.

Thank you in advance,

Keith

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to keep the small single camera viewer that is below clips list from changing.

Camera cycling is off.

It is currently viewing a single camera that I do not wish to keep there permanent. It is not cycling but does change on occasion.

I just cannot figure out how to choose which camera to keep there permanent.

I have read help file but cannot nail it down.

Thank you in advance,

Keith
Post a screenshot..there is no camera viewer below the clip list. Are you using blue iris 4?

briansong

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using B.I 4, I have yet to update to 4.48.6

There is a separate camera video playing on main view of my driveway and a still shot of side fromt in mini viewer below clips

Thanks guys for your input

upload_2016-11-18_11-37-19.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For what its worth, I think you should hold off on updating BI for now; 4.4.8.x is a disaster.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using B.I 4, I have yet to update to 4.48.6

There is a separate camera video playing on main view of my driveway and a still shot of side fromt in mini viewer below clips

Thanks guys for your input

View attachment 12568

Yeah I wish I could get the small clips back with the time and the zone triggered. Now all I have a bigger clips that show nothing.why would they do this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I wish I could get the small clips back with the time and the zone triggered. Now all I have a bigger clips that show nothing.why would they do this?
What are you talking about..nothing has changed? What small clips?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it did ! Look at the picture I uploaded . When it used to look like the one brainsong posted. No longer has time or anything
Once again nothing has changed. You accidentally hit the little + sign on the bottom right....if you hit the - sign everything will be back to normal. This is a feature since some users want a lager thumbnail...that is why its important to post images in the OP so that this can be resolved quicker. Your issue and the OP issue are totally different.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah... I'm a dumb ass ... fixed it, weird thing is it showed up like this after a update, I did last night. Or maybe like you said I accidentally hit the + and didn't realize to later , anyhow thank you !

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But both are different camera views
yes, read his comment again. The small box will display the camera that is currently selected in the LIVE view. The large view will display the clip you selected for playback...if you go to live view and select another camera (white box around it) then that camera will display in the small box.

briansong

n3wb
Reaction score
First I want to thank all for replies.

When you have to click in black border in order for "all" camera clips to appear chronologically. does this not unselect white bordered live view?

When you do select a live view with white border it only shows the clips for that particular camera.

I guess what I am asking...is there a way to lock a chosen small view so that I can monitor this chosen camera while I am playing all my clips for the day?

Thank you,
Keith

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First I want to thank all for replies.

When you have to click in black border in order for "all" camera clips to appear chronologically. does this not unselect white bordered live view?

When you do select a live view with white border it only shows the clips for that particular camera.

I guess what I am asking...is there a way to lock a chosen small view so that I can monitor this chosen camera while I am playing all my clips for the day?

Thank you,
Keith
You dont need to click on the black border to have the clips appear chronologically, they do that by default

briansong

n3wb
Reaction score
I would choose the live camera (white border) and only clips for that camera would show up in list, which is the way I have always had it unless I clicked in black border to bring up entire clips list.

Which would ofcourse un-select the camera I wanted to show in mini viewer.

I now changed the "selected camera only" (thank yousrglassw) to show entire clips list when I choose the live view cam I want.

Thanks,
Keith