Trying to fit my MTB in the car

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've never tried before.
Fitting a 29er MTB in an Audi TT mk1....
Pretty tight!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
impressive, if anyone knows how to cram 10lbs of shit into a 5lb bag.. its Audi.. you dont own a hatchback if you cant fit a bike in there :p

I got me a diesel and a lil trailer, I could carry a dozen mountain bikes now with my Golf :)

next challenge: put a car seat in the back!

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ nayr

Not a big fan of Audi's, right?
By the way, it's not a hatchback...it's a coupé :noworry:

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And hey every audi driver i see has a frigging lance armstrong bike rack on the back of their car on they have them on the roof

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And hey every audi driver i see has a frigging lance armstrong bike rack on the back of their car on they have them on the roof
I have thought about getting roof bars for a bike rack, but I couldn't live with the thought of damaging the paint.
So I tried fitting it in the back, and that worked out pretty well.
Saved me some money too!

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have thought about getting roof bars for a bike rack, but I couldn't live with the thought of damaging the paint.
So I tried fitting it in the back, and that worked out pretty well.
Saved me some money too!
next time buy the lance armstrong standard equipment package bike rack, super spandex with helmet included extra for the drugs

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@ nayr

Not a big fan of Audi's, right?
By the way, it's not a hatchback...it's a coupé :noworry:
Quite the opposite, I used to own an RS6 and you want to talk about 10lbs of shit in a 5lbs bag.. 450hp Bi Turbo V8 in the front of a sedan.. dont take me the wrong way I am a mega fanboi, but thats not really a trunk if you can open it and read the clock on your radio :p

TT's are quite a bit of fun to drive, the MK1's we got in america were a lil slow but I have a feeling yours is quite a bit snappier being closer to the fatherland.

I have 5 VAG vehicles on my property now, and a huge history of previous lost but not forgotten ones.. I bleed Volkswagen/Audi, so I can be critical if I want to be :p

You can call it a coupe if you want, cant sit in the back without having everything below your knees removed.. so it fits the definition.. but its also got a hatch.. and thats why I've always liked TT's

Last edited by a moderator: