Trying to add Swann ADS-460

Reaction score
Trying to add Swann ADS-460

There are other Swanns on the list but not this one. Did I pick up another dud? The picture quality is outstanding in their app but I really don't want to record 24/7.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try the other swanns? Most likely this will not work either. It does come with its own pc software, but i bet its junk. There is a very limited selection of quality wireless ip cameras and the really good ones are out of your price range. Where are you mounting this camera? Is there a way to possible use a powerline adapter? If you eliminate the need for wireless you open up a ton of options for quality ip cameras.
You may want to consider this hikvision that is available in a WIFI model but I have not seen any us sellers with it so you are probably limited to aliexpress. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-Camera-DS-2CD2532F-IWS-w-Audio-3MP-Mini-dome-w-Built-in-Wi-Fi-Up/1681906460.html
If you go that route make sure you specify the wireless model, and get the correct lens size, 2.8, 4, or 6mm, with 2.8mm being the widest view and 6 the narrowest.

Reaction score
The software it came with isn't junk, it's just not as fully featured as BI or iSpy. The camera itself is great and has pretty good 720p video.

Why is everything such a pain for me?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are happy with the software then stick with it. If you want the features of Blue Iris then you are going to have to buy a camera that supplies that proper stream to blue iris. If you want a reliable stable stream you will need to hardwire the camera. There is no way around that. There is no "easy" solution. If you have trouble running wire there are professionals who run wire all day - alarm and phone guys - you can call them for a quote to just run the cable you need.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if you own the cam, download blue iris and check there is an ads 440 on the list but not 460. If you dont own the cam then why bother...get something better that is known to work.

rarthur

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the ADS-460 already, I have downloaded latest Blue Iris. There is support in dropdown list for ADS-440, selected them but none seem to work with ADS-460 at this stage

camfx

n3wb
Reaction score
Capture2.JPGtry this - and remember to change the media port to 9001

Reaction score
hate to ressurect old posts but anyone ever had luck with it? or will i Bin my First and only ever prize won in a raffle?

Swanns software is not bearable

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hate to ressurect old posts but anyone ever had luck with it? or will i Bin my First and only ever prize won in a raffle?

Swanns software is not bearable
Welcome to the forum...its seems like this camera does not support standard streaming protocols....Your best bet is to sell it and purchase a camera that does.