Troubleshooting Dahua PTZ with Blue Iris

cpaplaczyk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have been having this issue for some time now. Ever since I upgraded the Dahua firmware on my two PTZ cameras I have been unable to remote control PTZ via Blue Iris. I have tried all Dahua and Amcrest PTZ connection types within BI and still have had no success. I read on this form that Dahua removed some of the functionality of the camera but that does not make sense to me. I have validated and reset the ONVIF admin user to align with the user in BI, I have validated the users in BI have PTZ functionality enabled. If I login to the cameras web UIs directly I can utilize the PTZ function without any issues, so in my eyes this is either a connection or protocol issue from BI to the cameras.

I wouldn't mind reverting back to the old firmware but it is no where to be found, it's no longer on the Dahua website. Someone recommended a .bin file on this forum but it failed to install on my cameras. PTZ Locked status - tour disabled

Any recommendations on debugging this? Should I just monitor the packet traffic and validate from there, anything I can log and or review on the Dahua side?

Any further insight into this would be much appreciated.

Blue Iris information:
BI Version: 5.6.5.3 x64

POE PTZ Camera Information:
Device Type DH-SD22404T-GN
System Version V2.800.0000000.6.R.R4.495, Build Date: 2021-07-05

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the camera, and then selecting Add new Camera, and then used the "Find/Inspect" button?

cpaplaczyk

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright after some tooling it looks like I was correct it was a connection issue. There seems to be an issue when sending PTZ over HTTPS when HTTPS is set in the Dahua camera settings. I have since disabled HTTPS on the Dahua cameras and everything seems to be working as expected. So looks like the firmware upgrade had no effect on my PTZ functionality.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI if you can use the "Dahua New V4" protocol in Blue Iris, that lets you use 3D positioning capabilities if the camera supports it. If you aren't familiar with that, you can read about 3D Positioning in UI3's help file: UI3 Help It is my preferred way to control a PTZ camera, and it is a relatively recent addition to Blue Iris and UI3.