Trouble with settings on new 4MP turret

LAcamguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to switch to Firefox to get the plug in to work at all. (Chrome dropped support). I assume this is an issue we all face.

I am running a 2.8mm 4mp EXIR bullet from LTS. Firmware is 5.3.2. I cannot get the settings to stay at "constant" and "highest" quality for the video stream. It keeps moving back to "medium."

Also, I cannot get the shutter speed to anything less than 1/30.

Are these issues known?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if these are known issues or not for this camera, but I suspect that if you were to switch over to IE from FF that this would not be a problem for you. Give it a try in IE and let us know...

LAcamguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue. The camera's slowest speed is 1/30 in the drop down menu.

LAcamguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I see there is a custom speed in the desktop windows software -- is that what you use?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I had to switch to Firefox to get the plug in to work at all. (Chrome dropped support). I assume this is an issue we all face.
I'm using Opera and Firefox and getting that message too about plug-in will soon be unsupported. I have the same firmware. I'm using "scheduled switch" at the moment and shutter speed seems to stay where I put it. I'm using variable bitrate and quality is staying put too. However I can't get video standard to stay at 60hz, reverts back to 50hz. I have firmware v5.3.2 build 150902. Another camera has build 150915 and I haven't noticed any issues with it. I can try IE browser and see if there is any difference.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had trouble once or twice getting settings to stay and each time it was a browser or plugin problem. I only use IE to work with cameras now and make sure to update the plugin for newer firmware versions and I have had no further issues.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I have had trouble once or twice getting settings to stay and each time it was a browser or plugin problem. I only use IE to work with cameras now and make sure to update the plugin for newer firmware versions and I have had no further issues.
Thanks. I'm trying IE at the moment but can't get it to go to the page unless I open it with Edge browser and open IE from there when Edge complains about plug-in.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm trying IE at the moment but can't get it to go to the page unless I open it with Edge browser and open IE from there when Edge complains about plug-in.
This is normal. Until Hikvision fix it so it works with Edge and Chrome.

With all Chinese cameras it's best to stick to IE in my experience. Firefox does work with Hikvision... for now!

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If a person really likes Chrome, get an older PORTABLE version of Chrome.
For someone who doesn't know, If you download the PORTABLE version, it runs from the .exe without having to install it. You can have the PORTABLE version and the current updated version both running without any problems.