Trouble getting ptz camera to work with blueiris and avigilon encoder

Reaction score
I have an older ptz camera but its a beast of a camera Clinton electronics CE-PTZ20XHDR camera is set to pelcod address of 100 baud rate of 9600 rs mode of rs 485 this is connected to an AVIGILON 4-Port H.264 Analog Video Encoder ENC-4P-H264 I've matched the settings in the encoder except for the parity that is set to none but I have tried setting it to odd and even blue iris added the camera no issue but I can not control it I was able to steer this camera with the same settings on a DVR so I know the camera is fine I have attached pics of configs on all 3 locations.

Attachments

dgbytes

n3wb
Reaction score
I know its an obvious question, but have you connected the wires for ptz function to work with the dvr correctly? The analog cameras I used to work with had 2 different comm protocols. Which one your encoder uses will determine which color wires to connect to.

Reaction score
I know its an obvious question, but have you connected the wires for ptz function to work with the dvr correctly? The analog cameras I used to work with had 2 different comm protocols. Which one your encoder uses will determine which color wires to connect to.
yes I have those connected and have tried both polarities just to be safe

dgbytes

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you show the connection drawings for your camera and the encoder side? What is your PTZ communication protocol required by your camera?