Trouble getting DS-2CD2335-I camera to work on NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P

thelay

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

need some help getting my camera to work. Just purchased a Hikvision IP Camera model DS-2CD2335-I and a NVR model DS-7608NI-E2/8P.

I have setup the NVR. Had to activate the NVR and set a complex password - done. Then I plugged in the IP camera to the NVR. NVR detects camera but has an error saying "user password error" and I can not get an image off the camera.

I have done some reading online and believe I have to activate the camera and set a complex password on it? Is this correct?

If so, how do I activate and set the password? I downloaded and installed SADP tool. It can detect my NVR but not the camera. I don't have a POE switch (I am using the NVR for POE) so there is no way I can plug the IP camera directly into my router and power it up.

Need some advice

Cheers

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the NVR, under Network, Advanced and other - Enable Virtual Host. Then, under System, Camera Management - Click on the Hyperlink under connect for the 2335 camera. This should allow you to change the password of the camera to the same one you are using for the NVR.

thelay

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for responding so quickly. I enabled virtual host, rebooted the NVR and clicked on the camera hyperlink but got the standard IE error "page can not be displayed".

The status of the camera shows "offline(user password error)" would the offline status prevent me connecting via virtual host?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Possibly, but I would think it should at least bring you to the login page. Do you have a POE switch or external power supply? If so you can put it on you LAN and use SADP to connect to the camera directly. This will allow you to change the password.

thelay

n3wb
Reaction score
no POE switch unfortunately. How can you plug a power supply into the DS-2CD2335-I model? I don't see anywhere for it to plug in. I only have the RJ45 socket and the audio jack.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's not an audio jack. It is for a 12v power supply.

Reaction score
First thing first. Access the camera using IE/MOZILLA. Go on Configuration page->Adanced Settings->Security> The last option on the right (i can't remember the name) and disable Illegal Login. Now on NVR side, on Camera submenu, delete the camera, add it again and it should work.

thelay

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the advice but how can I access the camera using IE/Mozilla if the only way I can power the camera is via the NVR?

Reaction score
If you still have available PoE ports on NVR? If yes, please connect your laptop on one PoE port. Then access the NVR and go to Configuration, and check what is the internal IP address. By default is 192.168.254.1. Then, set you laptop LAN NIC an IP address, smth like 192.168.254.xx. Open IE/MOZILLA, and connect at camera using it's internal ip addres, 192.168.254.xx

thelay

n3wb
Reaction score
cristiansas you are a legend! Didn't think about plugging my laptop into the POE port on the NVR. I actually had to set an IP address on 192.0.0.x subnet to talk to the camera as it had the default IP of 192.0.0.63. Password reset and it is now working on the NVR.

Thanks for you help