Triggering BI camera to record with HTTP commands, works with VERA

Bill Scruggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is the list I have.

/image/{cam-short-name}?q=50&s=80
A single JPEG image from a specific camera, with optional quality (q) and scale (s) parameters. Quality is a percentage from 1-100, and scale may be any number >0.

/image/{cam-short-name}?h=100
You may also specify a specific height (h) or width (w) instead of scale.

/mjpg/{cam-short-name}/video.mjpg
An M-JPEG stream. This stream is compatible with Blue Iris's "MJPEG stream request."

/file/clips/{filename}&mode=jpeg&speed=100
An M-JPEG stream of a clip from your New clips folder. You may include additional subdirectory names in the filename. The speed parameter is optional, a percentage of normal playback speed.

/thumbs/{filename}
A thumbnail image from a specific file in the New clips folder.

/admin?signal
Changes the traffic signal icon and returns the new status. This requires admin authentication.

audio/{cam-short-name}/temp.wav
Pull a raw audio stream (MIME type audio/x-wav).

/cam/{cam-short-name}?pos=x
Performs a PTZ command on the specified camera, where x= 0=left, 1=right, 2=up, 3=down, 4=home, 5=zoom in, 6=zoom out, 7+1 = Preset 1, 7+2 = Preset 2, etc

/cam/{cam-short-name}?pos=100
Causes a snapshot image to be captured from the specified camera.

/h264/{cam-short-name}/temp.h264
Pull a raw H.264 stream (MIME type video/H264). This stream will play in a tool like VLC, and may be used in future versions of the ActiveX control.

/h264/{cam-short-name}/temp.ts
Pull an MPEG-2 transport stream (MIME type video/MP2T).

/h264/{cam-short-name}/temp.m or .m3u8
Pull a virtual M3U8 file (MIME type application/vnd.apple.mpegurl). This will play in QuickTime, iPad and the iPhone using the iPhone Live Streaming format.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
luup.inet.wget("192.168.1.134:8021/cam/BK3/pos=8")

BK3 is the short cam name. Mine is local only so I don't worry about the name and password.

Thanks! That did the trick. Was getting confused with the ? mark. Using your example I was using; luup.inet.wget("192.168.1.134:8021/cam/BK3?pos=8") instead of luup.inet.wget("192.168.1.134:8021/cam/BK3/pos=8")

Problem fixed!

*Update*
Received a response from Ken with the following syntax too:

/cam/{cam-short-name}/preset=1

Last edited by a moderator:

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My intent is to record the front entry cameras when the doorbell rings. My doorbell is configured with a ZWave input to Vera and sends an alerts when the bell rings. Now I want to add the ability to record the entry area say for 10 seconds as well.

I modified the camera setup to make the front entry cameras active in Profile 7 which is now the "idle" profile. I got the record to happen for a specific camera but not the camera group as yet. And because its using a camera trigger it also causes Vera to alert on motion detection.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My intent is to record the front entry cameras when the doorbell rings. My doorbell is configured with a ZWave input to Vera and sends an alerts when the bell rings. Now I want to add the ability to record the entry area say for 10 seconds as well.

I modified the camera setup to make the front entry cameras active in Profile 7 which is now the "idle" profile. I got the record to happen for a specific camera but not the camera group as yet. And because its using a camera trigger it also causes Vera to alert on motion detection.
answered my own question, i needed to uncheck secure login to allow the plain text login from the url. would be nice to keep secure login for non lan connections but i don't see that option.

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got the program and it works FANTASTIC!
Anyone figure out the blue iris PTZ command path though?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a basic and expandable wireless alarm sensor system which would only be used for Blue Iris alerts? I am looking for a system with magnet switches/motion sensors and a way to push an HTTP command when triggered.

Update: I was intrigued by a recent post regarding HomeSeer, and opted for their HS3 software, a USB Z-Wave 'SmartStick+' interface, and some Z-wave magnets (which will arrive later this week). The events work well with Blue Iris. What I was disappointed in was most of the plug-ins which are available seem too expensive. As an example, Phillips Hue lights plugin is around $40, which is more than I want to spend. The Blue Iris plug-in itself was an additional $40.

Last edited:

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Congrats for your achievements... Just arguing if there is a BI full reference for HTTP commands out there... Thanks

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is great! I've got this working nicely from my browser. I'm looking to integrate it into Homeseer use.

Thanks for documenting this.