Trigger setting - Maximum trigger/alert duration?

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't figured out what this setting does and how to use it yet.
Some advice would be appreciated. I read the manual but am still in the dark.

I have the end trigger set at 3 seconds but the other setting Maximum trigger/alert duration does not seem to do anything even if set at 60 seconds. Isn't this supposed to stop more triggers/alerts for 60 seconds after one motion is triggered? I still get triggers if motion is detected.

Is this setting just for BI alert actions? So for 60 seconds no more actions (mqtt message for example in my actions) will be triggered on a motion alert?

(Maybe because I use deepstack docker and the AI tool also and those are sending me the telegram alerts?)

Thanks

1629285413936.png

YrbkMgr

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There's just a couple of sentences on it in the help file:
"An overall maximum trigger time is configurable. By default, a confirmed alert will extend until the end of the trigger. In order for additional alerts to fire, the trigger must end."

I take it to mean... no matter what stop triggered state at 60 sec...

fvruvolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Maddening this isn't clearer.
I'm currently trying 60/600
I end up with well over 300,00 clips at some point. I'd rather have a measly 30,000 clips.

We'll see. Documentation showing differing values and what happens would be great.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maddening this isn't clearer.
I'm currently trying 60/600
I end up with well over 300,00 clips at some point. I'd rather have a measly 30,000 clips.

We'll see. Documentation showing differing values and what happens would be great.
Keep in mind "clips" include alert images, so if you are saving hi-rez images instead of to DB only, each one counts. If you are doing BI AI and burning the AI into the image, those count as well and they can add up quickly.

Do you have cut or combine turned on to combine alert clips on either a MB or time frequency to reduce the number of clips?