Trigger seems broken?

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had my system running great for some time now.

Up until now I had the trigger working, but I was getting hammered with alerts every few minutes -- every time a car would pass the house -- from one of my 3 cameras.

So I thought I would try playing with "zones".....set up and a and a b zone.....

Well it didnt work the way I thought it would and so I set it all back to how it was prior. And now I am getting NO trigger alerts -- email or in the application.

The other two cameras are "triggering" just fine...I compared the settings for those to the one that isn't working right and all is the same.

Thinking either rebooting the camera or the blue iris PC will be my next move....but hoping maybe I missed something simple that would restore the function.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After you reboot cams/computer, upload images of your trigger configuration here to include obj detection and zones. If you're using deepstack, upload AI images as well.

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks to you both.

WIll try a reboot.

No, no updates done......literally all I did was play with the camera zones, then back out of them. :(

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rebooted Blue Iris and same issue continues....

There WAS a windows update a week or so ago...but the problem only started since I played with the zone stuff....

Here are some screen shots.

*Update since I posted the screen shots -- ok looking at the screenshots after another full shutdown and reboot I see that it KEPT the "A>B zone settings that I had removed prior to the reboot.....

SO I deleted the A>B entry and turned off zone detection (again). (4th image)

Will see if it takes this time.

Attachments

Last edited:

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so it took a full power-off and reboot (restart didnt work) to "fix" this.

I am afraid to tinker now...LOL

A road way passes in front of my house, triggering every time a car passes. I figured I would use teh "zone" stuff to carve out an area where if a car went thru it I would NOT get notified, no alerts etc.

That is what started all this. I just used the "A>B" stuff and "painted" the zones for a and b using the blocks.......

Guess I will just live with the alerts.

I never realized how many cars passed by my house , a dead end residential street, in a given day! LOL

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

A road way passes in front of my house, triggering every time a car passes. I figured I would use teh "zone" stuff to carve out an area where if a car went thru it I would NOT get notified, no alerts etc.

That is what started all this. I just used the "A>B" stuff and "painted" the zones for a and b using the blocks.......

I never realized how many cars passed by my house , a dead end residential street, in a given day! LOL
See the blue Iris support YouTube channel.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Post an image of the field of view for that camera and where you want detection to occur and not occur--we can easily help you set it up to give you far less alerts without causing problems. BTW, you could stand to lower your contrast some....low 20s should be good.