Trigger camera to record based on Smartthings motion sensor?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'd like to know if there's a way to have Blue Iris trigger an alert recording based on a PIR motion sensor that is triggered in Smartthings? Thanks

Markles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know if you can issue a web command from SmartThings but BI accepts a ton of HTTP commands that let you manage cameras, including triggering them, moving them to specific PTZ presets, and such. The HTTP Commands section in the BI help file has the list of commands you can use and the syntax for each command. I don't know how to issue a command from ST as I do all my ST automation in Webcore but BI can manage cameras, profiles, etc via web requests.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't know if you can issue a web command from SmartThings but BI accepts a ton of HTTP commands that let you manage cameras, including triggering them, moving them to specific PTZ presets, and such. The HTTP Commands section in the BI help file has the list of commands you can use and the syntax for each command. I don't know how to issue a command from ST as I do all my ST automation in Webcore but BI can manage cameras, profiles, etc via web requests.
Thanks for the reply... all my automations are in Webcore as well. I need to see if Webcore can send the HTTP command necessary.

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... all my automations are in Webcore as well. I need to see if Webcore can send the HTTP command necessary.
Curious if you were successfully able to get this working I also use Smartthings and BI.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi @Bjthomas09... yes, I have this working. Outdoor SmartThings motion sensors trigger certain cameras to record when they detect motion. Works great!

dabflyboy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @Bjthomas09... yes, I have this working. Outdoor SmartThings motion sensors trigger certain cameras to record when they detect motion. Works great!
Which smartthings sensors are you using? I'd like to give this a try, too.