n3wb
Reaction score
have you tried reinstalling dot NET 8?
Yes, I also reinstalled visual studio installer and NET 6 in addition to 8

AI Tool version 2.2.24.8133 works fine

running
dotnet --list-runtimes

returns
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 6.0.20 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 8.0.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.16 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 8.0.1 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 8.0.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 6.0.16 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 8.0.1 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 8.0.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, I also reinstalled visual studio installer and NET 6 in addition to 8

AI Tool version 2.2.24.8133 works fine

running
dotnet --list-runtimes

returns
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 6.0.16 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Sorry, missed this.

When I look at the installer code it is literally calling 'dotnet --list-runtimes' and simply making sure '
Code:
Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.
' appears in the list.

It outputs the result of that command to "%TMP%\dotnet.txt" then deletes it when its done.

Perhaps if your %TMP% environment variable (as apposed to %TEMP%) is not set to a valid folder that could be a factor.

Can you get to it if you enter %TMP% in a file explorer address bar, or do you get an error?

You can force a log file to be created for the install that might help. Run this from an administrative command prompt:

Code:
"C:\PathToSetup\AIToolSetup.2.6.53.exe" /LOG="%TEMP%\AITOOLSETUP.LOG"