TL-SL1311MP - Good enough for a 8 camera setup?

Reaction score
I'm a total newbie and there is a lot of great information on these forums. My plan is get to the (recommended) four 5542 cameras to start and have the poe switch directly connected to a BI NVR using a double NIC setup. It seems like each camera can use up to 7.5 W and there might be some power loss while feeding power through the cables so I'm currently guessing 10 W for camera.

I found this switch on Amazon and seems to fit my needs. I believe I don't need a managed switch and it has a gigabit upload port. ~120 W total power budget and each port are only 10/100 but I figured that's enough for my camera setup.

Any issues with this setup?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a total newbie and there is a lot of great information on these forums. My plan is get to the (recommended) four 5542 cameras to start and have the poe switch directly connected to a BI NVR using a double NIC setup. It seems like each camera can use up to 7.5 W and there might be some power loss while feeding power through the cables so I'm currently guessing 10 W for camera.

I found this switch on Amazon and seems to fit my needs. I believe I don't need a managed switch and it has a gigabit upload port. ~120 W total power budget and each port are only 10/100 but I figured that's enough for my camera setup.

Any issues with this setup?

This will work just fine.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.