TinyCam and Nvidia Shield - background and live view at the same time, BIG problem

Michael.I

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I installed the application on Nvidia Shield, and I want the live image to remain on a monitor, but to record in the background, in order to benefit from the recording of the 15 seconds before the event. I only want to record cars and people for detection. I notice that this is not possible, because it makes me two video files at each event, one because I keep the image live, and one that I want to run in the background. How do I solve this. And I have a small problem, a live camera, the event is recorded without sound, and these cameras in the background the event is recorded with sound. How do I solve this too.

Last edited:

Michael.I

n3wb
Reaction score
Two days later, I discovered that the red motion alert frame on the monitor was still flashing on the screen, long time after that event was over. I don't understand how an application is so popular, when it has a lot of problems, it doesn't do what a simple NVR does, and you don't have any technical support, Nobody answers the email.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Two days later, I discovered that the red motion alert frame on the monitor was still flashing on the screen, long time after that event was over. I don't understand how an application is so popular, when it has a lot of problems, it doesn't do what a simple NVR does, and you don't have any technical support, Nobody answers the email.
The application is popular for viewing cameras. You want a 2-4 dollar app on weak hardware to function as a full nvr?

Michael.I

n3wb
Reaction score
The application is popular for viewing cameras. You want a 2-4 dollar app on weak hardware to function as a full nvr?
As I wrote in the text above, simple DVR, not completely DVR, and I want it to work as written in the manual, I do not want anything else. I can't believe that it's possible to make an application, which you can also ask for money, to say that it has a DVR function, but you can't use it if you watch cameras in live mode.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
At the moment app does not work properly with live view and background mode running at the same time. It will create two mp4 recordings for single event. There is a hack however.
To fix that copy all cameras in Manage Cameras window and assign tag 'Live' for newly created cameras. For 'Live' cameras disable motion detection. For background mode cameras assign tag 'Background'. Then in live view select 'Live' tag in app drawer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As I wrote in the text above, simple DVR, not completely DVR, and I want it to work as written in the manual, I do not want anything else. I can't believe that it's possible to make an application, which you can also ask for money, to say that it has a DVR function, but you can't use it if you watch cameras in live mode.
I can’t believe you thought you are buying an nvr for 4 dollars. I hope you can survive this financial blow.