Tiny Kitten Falls Out of Engine - Runs to my door

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
This happened a while ago but I never posted it. A kitten was living in a car, and the car drive away, and the kitten fell out and SOMEHOW never got squished

We came home from a walk and heard a weird squeaking at our front door, and it turned out to be this guy

1634173223599.jpeg

He was VERY small. I think too small to be away from his mother

1634173242001.jpeg

We have a cat so we have cat food, so we fed him. He was super hungry

1634173263442.jpeg

He also Grumbled 24/7 so we named him Grumbles

He was completely scared, he had no idea where he was

1634173430061.jpeg

My wife took him to the Houston SPCA. We figured he would be welcome there, and being a new kitten he would get adopted instantly. Well, these animal professionals took one look at this scared kitten that had just been driven across the city in a cage and decided he was too feral for them, and they don't want him! They can F right off. I will never give them a dollar again

Over the next few days we fed him and tried to give him as much human interaction as we could, and he finally came around to us. Watch this video and tell me how feral this kitten is...

He was EXTREMELY playful and would want attention 24/7, the second we left the room he would scratch under the door, and just general cause a ruckus

1634173463953.jpeg

We contact Friends4Life, who actually cared about him. These guys get my fully support.

They gave him all his shots and tested him for feline HIV/Aids etc and he was all clear. Before they could even enter him in the system they had already found a home for him, and he went to a new family a few days later.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's great you guys!

I'm hoping they put a freeze on black cat sales in Oct, as many places do, and that some family eventually adopts Grumbles into it's forever home.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
That's great you guys!

I'm hoping they put a freeze on black cat sales in Oct, as many places do, and that some family eventually adopts Grumbles into it's forever home.
He's already in his forever home, went right there. They charge something like $300 for a kitten, so you know people have to be serious

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Man I love that compound style entry way you have. Like a god damn fort!
There was a stupid flimsy gate there before, and I thought about getting rid of the gate altogether, but then I realized I'd need to reinforce my door if I wanted to protect against someone kicking it in. This gates not going anywhere, and I can completely open the door to someone and they can't do anything

It also makes a nice place for packages to go, and I got them to integrate that mailbox on the left, pretty cool. I also ran bell wire and ethernet INSIDE the structure of the gate for doorbells

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Remarkable animals, and a pretty cool breed.

And they look like they've worked out rules of engagement here. I held my breath when they started scrapping only to realize it was more like watching BJJ fighters in training .. just chilling, and rolling at 20-30%. I'm sure these 2 can be badass when that switch is flipped though.