Thoughts? - Object Size Exceeds and Make Time

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"Use the Object size exceeds setting to reset the motion detector when very large objects are detected. This will help to prevent false positive triggering in the event of scene or major lighting changes."

But it will only reset the motion detector if the scene or major lighting change happens before the Make Time. If my make time is 1.5 seconds, but the "scene or major lighting change" takes longer than 1.5 seconds to get to the Object Size Exceeds %, then the alert will happen anyway.

Most times when the sun goes behind a cloud, it takes longer than 1.5 seconds for the "objects (sun shadow)" to fill the whole frame. But because it took longer then 1.5 seconds, my alert has already fired. Note - I can't increase my make time in this scenario because the area I'm focusing on is fairly small, and only takes 1.5 seconds for a person to walk through

I would think that if the object still exists (highlighted in red), and it exceeds the Object Size Exceeds %, then that alert should be cancelled even if it's over the make time.

Thoughts?