Things that make me go Hmmm?

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got an interesting email today from Amcrest Cloud Notification service. They said that my one camera was offline. That is fair enough except I have not had an Amcrest Cloud account since July of 2019. Everything was right on the camera like name and my username. That camera has been retired for six months. I'm not sure that the camera was ever on Amcrest cloud. The email looks authentic and links all point to amcrestcloud.com.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got an email yesterday supposedly from walmart that required an authentication code but I haven't use walmart for the last few weeks. I didn't click on the link from the e-mail but type in the walmart website myself and change password there just in case.

Last edited:

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I signed onto amcrestcloud.com and they have no billing information for me so that is a good thing. My account shows lifetime view only but there are no cameras listed. I got two emails said they are going to stop doing health checks until I fix my cameras configuration. They got me to sign into a defunct account and the landing page was a rate sheet for their services so it might be an attempt to drum up business.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got an email yesterday supposedly from walmart that required an authentication code but I haven't use walmart for the last few weeks. I didn't click on the link from the e-mail but type in the walmart website myself and change password there just in case.
I got the EXACT request this morning and noted the link in the e-mail was like below at bottom with some reference to 'w-mt' to give appearance of Walmart but I didn't click on it either. Went to account and changed password. Likely someone is, in fact, trying to log into account with e-mail but from an unrecognized device.

Scammers and thieves never rest, sleep or give up..... :mad:

WM-spamscam.jpg