The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I see this post this morning on Nextdoor:

"we have spotted on our cameras for the last three nights around 1:00 am someone lingering in our front yard and on the front porch. We have not encountered this individual even though we have investigated. Be careful"

So of course there are many replies asking for the pictures....the response....

"the image is not that clear on the camera just enough where you can tell it’s a person."

I sure hope they post the pic LOL

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I see this post this morning on Nextdoor:

"we have spotted on our cameras for the last three nights around 1:00 am someone lingering in our front yard and on the front porch. We have not encountered this individual even though we have investigated. Be careful"

So of course there are many replies asking for the pictures....the response....

"the image is not that clear on the camera just enough where you can tell it’s a person."

I sure hope they post the pic LOL
Its this guy, prove me wrong. ;)

1658170611842.png

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
From Nextdoor posting about door checkers in a subdivision near me. This is the best grab I can do from the video. There seems to be writing on the back of the guy's jacket, but who knows. This is an ADT system.

View attachment 133073

The same poster also made a post saying a car the previous night had been going up and down the street like it was casing houses. She posted this still to see if anyone recognized the car.

View attachment 133074
Ooooh, yeah! I recognize that vehicle casing the street. I think it is this one.....can I collect the reward money now??

Canoo-one-vehicle.jpeg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That is more than enough lighting that should have produced a better picture.

I am sure it is some crappy camera with a wide angle lens digitally zoomed in
Yep. That snakey mosaic artifact pattern is a tell-tale.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone make out the person door checking this truck. Yes there is a person there but it is more ghost/blob than anything.

Fortunately they sent this video to the police, so it should be easy to make this person out from a lineup LOL.

And thanks to the watermark, we know this is a Wyze camera....get what you pay for. All they know is what time someone went thru their vehicles...

1659100305815.png

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Wyze cameras and every other consumer grade piece of junk deserved to be sent to a blender / grinder

Can anyone make out the person door checking this truck. Yes there is a person there but it is more ghost/blob than anything.

Fortunately they sent this video to the police, so it should be easy to make this person out from a lineup LOL.

And thanks to the watermark, we know this is a Wyze camera....get what you pay for. All they know is what time someone went thru their vehicles...

View attachment 134876

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another day, another crappy video post from the night before.

I sure hope someone can ID this perp checking car doors.

So let's point out the obvious issues here:

• Cheap camera and probably wifi based on the amount of pixelation.
  • This area is lit up and the camera stayed B/W - too many MP on a too small sensor. This is probably a 4K wifi camera on a 1/3" sensor.
  • These were all motion activated floodlights and you cannot tell by the picture, but on the video, when the lights all kicked on, the perp didn't even flinch and continued to the truck.
  • The camera is TOO HIGH to be of any value for IDENTIFY.
1659199468435.png

1659199406002.png