The Bird and the Mirror

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what this bird is doing. It had been doing this every day until I happened to notice. I've since had to fold the car mirrors in to prevent it from happening. However, whenever someone parks in front of our house this bird comes by and does the same thing.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
You've captured the Southern Flame-Tushed Narcissist in its natural habitat. Don't let it into your life and then deprive it of attention or it'll drive you crazy and make your life all about her and not you. The problem is that she'll drive you crazy even when you do give her all of your attention. You're screwed...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You've captured the Southern Flame-Tushed Narcissist in its natural habitat. Don't let it into your life and then deprive it of attention or it'll drive you crazy and make your life all about her and not you. The problem is that she'll drive you crazy even when you do give her all of your attention. You're screwed...
hyper.gif rofl.gif rof.gif

vacation.gif

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
About 6 or 7 years ago in the springtime when most male birds are busy courting the females we had a male eastern cardinal that spent all his time trying to compete for mating rights with his own reflection in our windows. He'd hit all windows HARD on all sides of the house, all hours dawn to dusk, shades drawn or not.
This went on for about 2 weeks until I took him out of the gene pool with a well-placed .22 LR from my trusty Henry that usually dispatches armadillos into the hereafter. I don't normally shoot songbirds, I feed them. It's not like he was going to find a mate anyway, I just made sure his quirk wasn't passed on.
Rest in peace, fella.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...I took him out of the gene pool with a well-placed .22 LR from my trusty Henry that usually dispatches armadillos into the hereafter...
Way to put a chill on a entertaining topic Tony portal_389672.gif