That's a lot of birds!

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Every year birds come for the berries on my 2 large Yaupon hollies. Looks like robins and cedar waxwings. Maybe they know we are headed for lows near zero ( serious cold for the Dallas area) and they are getting all the food they can. They stripped all the berries off within a minute or two:
View attachment Front_Right.20210213_100000_1.mp4

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, they're definitely quick. We had a single Leucistic American Robin come and strip our Honeysuckle vines in about 15 minutes a few days ago. We usually get a few early Robins, but normally not for another week or so.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, they're definitely quick. We had a single Leucistic American Robin come and strip our Honeysuckle vines in about 15 minutes a few days ago. We usually get a few early Robins, but normally not for another week or so.
I had to look that up, I've never seen a leucistic robin around here.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The first time we saw one (years back), we weren't sure what kind of bird it actually was, so it was a bit of a big deal (since we are big on watching the critters). Since then though, we've seen a number of them around here.

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this 2 month old post but them Robins do take a little nip noe n then but the other flock in the mass are Cedar Waxwings , they are the Yaupon otis campbell's of the bird world...They're getting drunk lol