System sees two cameras where there is only one.

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm putting this here to start although I don't know if it's a Blue Iris issue. I found that one of my LaView Panda camera's shows up with two different IP addresses when I run the LaView software to find the camera's IP addresses. 192.168.1.16 and 192.168.1.18 both are the same camera. I can log into them and adjust the settings on "both".

How I found this was Blue Iris was showing a frame rate of 7.5 even though I had it set in Blue Iris and the camera to 15fps, so it looks like it's splitting the frame rate between the real and the ghost camera. I don't know how to get rid of the ghost camera. Blue Iris shows the camera it's displaying with the IP address of 192.168.1.18.

I had downloaded and tried IP Cam Viewer, so I thought that might be the problem, so I uninstalled all the camera's from there, and uninstalled that program and rebooted. Yet the ghost camera is still there stealing my real cam's frame rate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely a network setting... It's not hurting anything... It's not splitting the frame rate... It might be a bandwidth issue... Post an image of both the wired and Wifi network settings... (select each from the drop down and take a screen shot), if the camera is wired, try disabling the Wifi by entering a random ip address for the Wifi connection...

Sent via Taptalk

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I managed to get rid of the ghost cam (sorta). I changed the IP address and it was gone. My FPS haven't recovered though. I still see 7.49.fps even though camera and BI set to 15. I can get to 15fps by upping the camera and BI setting to 30fps. I've rebooted the camera and powered it down/up. Rebooted the computer. Both of the LaView Panda's are wired, and my other one is set at 15fps and that's what BI shows.

Looked at the network settings and cam settings in both of the LaViews setup pages and there's no difference besides the IP address. Before I somehow ended up with the ghost cam my fps were reading correctly 15/15. Not sure what's going on and not sure what the next step should be.

Attachments

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
I did that already, no change.

- - - Updated - - -

If I uninstall BI and reinstall do the old settings remain?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did that already, no change.

- - - Updated - - -

If I uninstall BI and reinstall do the old settings remain?
You can always export your settings..... Don't Uninstall just yet.. Do you have another pc that you can install the demo on and test it?

Sent via Taptalk

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, my wife's although she's loath for me to touch it, says I muck things up. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Won't be until later though, going out for dinner. I appreciate your more then timely responses.

I'll let you know.

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I installed the demo on the wife's computer, and it's the same results, I show a fps of 7.5 even though I've set BI and the cam to 15fps. Additionally, my other LaView which is currently run wireless now is having the same issue and earlier in the day it was running fine at 15fps, now it's at 7.5 also. Also I checked the Foscam which is wired and set at 15fps and it's reading 5fps.

I've rebooted the router which didn't change anything. I don't think that reinstalling would change any thing now, as the demo is getting the same results.

Something I found odd was that the wireless which is also set at 15fps the bit rate is 94-95, and the wired which is also set at 15fps the bit rate is about 168 even though the currently are both returning 7.5fps.

May have to sleep on this one and see what tomorrow brings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I installed the demo on the wife's computer, and it's the same results, I show a fps of 7.5 even though I've set BI and the cam to 15fps. Additionally, my other LaView which is currently run wireless now is having the same issue and earlier in the day it was running fine at 15fps, now it's at 7.5 also. Also I checked the Foscam which is wired and set at 15fps and it's reading 5fps.

I've rebooted the router which didn't change anything. I don't think that reinstalling would change any thing now, as the demo is getting the same results.

Something I found odd was that the wireless which is also set at 15fps the bit rate is 94-95, and the wired which is also set at 15fps the bit rate is about 168 even though the currently are both returning 7.5fps.

May have to sleep on this one and see what tomorrow brings.
If you have it set to variable bitrate, insure that both cameras have the same video quality settings...also with variable bit rate, the bitrate will change depending in the scene so it wont ever be the same.
Not sure what is causing the issue...Test this, set the camera to 30fps, does it stay at 7.5?

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Changing to 30fps in the camera brings BI upto 15fps whether or not BI is set at 15 or 30fps. I can see that with the variable bit rate, the two cameras are returning vastly different pictures inside vs outside.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Changing to 30fps in the camera brings BI upto 15fps whether or not BI is set at 15 or 30fps. I can see that with the variable bit rate, the two cameras are returning vastly different pictures inside vs outside.
The fps setting in blue iris is irrelevant...
Ok, what camera do you have selected in the dropdown in the blue iris video config, if its the laview, try the hikvision 2cd and hikvision rtsp..the paths are different for each of these..

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
I had them set with the Hikvision other Rtsp. I changed that to Hikivision 2cd and also tried the LaView, and there were no changes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had them set with the Hikvision other Rtsp. I changed that to Hikivision 2cd and also tried the LaView, and there were no changes.
email support, see what he says...I cant replicate the issue..if you want to try a teamviewer session i can poke around the camera and blue iris and see if there is anything abnormal in the settings.

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Interestingly I've now lost one of the LaView's. Changed the setting from Hikvision other Rtsp to the LaView setting and now no signal. The other LaView works fine on the LaView setting. Changed it back to what I had been running it under and still won't connect. I may take you up on that offer tomorrow. Getting late here and alas work comes early.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interestingly I've now lost one of the LaView's. Changed the setting from Hikvision other Rtsp to the LaView setting and now no signal. The other LaView works fine on the LaView setting. Changed it back to what I had been running it under and still won't connect. I may take you up on that offer tomorrow. Getting late here and alas work comes early.
Great, let me know, this issue is intriguing me.,..

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I've had to set this issue aside for a moment as another one has arisen. Currently wife's and my phone (android/iPhone) won't connect to BI. They did yesterday. When I run the remote access wizard I get as far as the remote access test and then the connection times out. Canyouseeme also times out when checking port 81. The phone will connect if I use the home wifi, but not on cellular.

Checked and rechecked Lan/Wan settings. Turned off firewall (Norton) and that didn't change anything. I was working with IP addresses on the camera's today to try and rectify the above issue, but changing cam IP's was the extent of it.

I'm beginning to feel like Alice down the rabbit hole.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I've had to set this issue aside for a moment as another one has arisen. Currently wife's and my phone (android/iPhone) won't connect to BI. They did yesterday. When I run the remote access wizard I get as far as the remote access test and then the connection times out. Canyouseeme also times out when checking port 81. The phone will connect if I use the home wifi, but not on cellular.

Checked and rechecked Lan/Wan settings. Turned off firewall (Norton) and that didn't change anything. I was working with IP addresses on the camera's today to try and rectify the above issue, but changing cam IP's was the extent of it.

I'm beginning to feel like Alice down the rabbit hole.
Did you pc's ip address change (local lan ip)? if so the port forwarding may be misconfigured. post images of your webserver tab (redact the external ip address only)...and you port forwarding settings in your router.

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Well oddly enough there wasn't any setting in the router for port forwarding. So I created one for BI on port 81 and it works. Thanks for the direction.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well oddly enough there wasn't any setting in the router for port forwarding. So I created one for BI on port 81 and it works. Thanks for the direction.
Great...most likely it was working before using the new upnp function in the automated remote setup, but something must have gone wrong...