Switch from NVR to BlueIris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But you are assuming that most PC users know it's built-in. They don't.
Also note that it is only available in windows pro...not home..The home versions only have the client..

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you guys saying having a Blue Iris PC with team viewer configured for unattended access via your team viewer account is insecure?

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you guys saying having a Blue Iris PC with team viewer configured for unattended access via your team viewer account is insecure?

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Depends how you do the remote access.

If you use VPN, then its secure.
Teamviewer itself is secure, but it also depends how you link into home remotely (VPN versus port forwarding)

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Depends how you do the remote access.

If you use VPN, then its secure.
Teamviewer itself is secure, but it also depends how you link into home remotely (VPN versus port forwarding)
I use the team viewer app on my PCs and my phone. That's it. No transfering of files.

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nope. It can be a resource hog on a bi server while in use.
Gotcha. I don't need it for viewing video etc. I just need it to log in to check stuff off-site. I could always team viewer into another machine on the local network and RDC into the BI server.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I started out with an LTS recorder that just won't do what I need it to do and I'm sitting on an expensive paperweight. The ~$250 Dahua 4ks2 is a much better fit for me and is solid using windows 7 for access. It's not problem free, with the biggest issue being a few lost frames whenever an event is triggered, but I'm once again finding ways to adapt myself to the quirks of the machine to live with it. It's looking like a keeper, plus I wouldn't want to face my wife's wrath if I switched horses again. All of these NVRs have problems and you have to find the one that's "least worst" for you.