SwannView Link for Windows v2.1.2.10 Security Threat

Simplex

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Norton 360 running on my PC, and it warns me NOT to install SwannView Link for Windows v2.1.2.10 because of a security threat called WS.Reputation.1. Does anyone else see a similar warning for this application?

Simplex

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Or just stick with Windows 10 and Windows Defender. Almost all of the anti-virus companies are dead, or in the case of Norton, became worse then a virus. You installed it, and gave it admin privs. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Norton 360 running on my PC, and it warns me NOT to install SwannView Link for Windows v2.1.2.10 because of a security threat called WS.Reputation.1. Does anyone else see a similar warning for this application?

Simplex
That warning simply means that the file is not common...you can ignore it. Ill disagree with the others, I use norton security (not 360) exclusive and its fantastic...its been light and fast since 2009. Fyi, its on sale at amazon for 20 bux for a five user license.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That warning simply means that the file is not common...you can ignore it. Ill disagree with the others, I use norton security (not 360) exclusive and its fantastic...its been light and fast since 2009. Fyi, its on sale at amazon for 20 bux for a five user license.
Granted...I formed my opinion of Norton 10 years ago when I was so completely frustrated with it's operation that I'm still spewing the hate 10 years later. It's very hard to let go.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
https://www.codeandweb.com/blog/2012/06/23/how-symantec-ruins-independent-developers

If Norton was really good it would uninstall itself. I'd suggest you switch to Eset Nod32 Antivirus which -- in my opinion -- is unobtrusive and provides rock solid protection.
Totally agree with Q2U. I've used ESET for many years and find it to be one of the best when it comes to Antivirus software. I always recommend it to clients. There's no way I would ever use Norton after many years of trying different Antivirus solutions. Kaspersky is good too, which is what I'm using on my main PC right now.

Simplex

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I installed the newest version, but I cannot find a user manual. Has anyone found one?