Suddenly "No video stream" and no trigger recording on 11 of 15 cameras

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am running Blue Iris 5.8.4.5. This issue popped up in the last couple weeks at one of my 2 installations. I am mostly using the exact same cameras in both locations, but at this location most of the cameras will not trigger or record on motion. When I look at the status the cameras are showing "No video stream", although the live stream works just fine. I haven't made any changes to any camera settings so I thought it was network related. I have restarted the Blue Iris service, the Blue Iris server, restarted the router, the cameras, and the POE switch but the problem persists. Has anyone run into this before and have any suggestions?

1706794761431.png

I don't know if this is related, but UI3 on Google Chrome displayed this message to one of the users yesterday and he sent a screen shot to me.

1706795119036.png

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received a response from Blue Iris support. Uncheck the "Enable Audio Channel" setting on the Audio tab for the camera if it does not support Audio. As of version 5.8.4 and newer it is considered a signal loss if audio is enabled but not present. It corrected the issue for me without the need to roll back the version.

It would be nice if it would display "No Audio Stream" instead of the confusing "No Video Stream" under status.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only install Versions of BI that are deemed "Stable". Otherwise expect to put up with issues' such as this.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad i found this thread, been changing connectors, wire and ordered a new camera already...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I received a response from Blue Iris support. Uncheck the "Enable Audio Channel" setting on the Audio tab for the camera if it does not support Audio. As of version 5.8.4 and newer it is considers a signal loss if audio is enabled but not present. It corrected the issue for me without the need to roll back the version.

It would be nice if it would display "No Audio Stream" instead of the confusing "No Video Stream" under status.
It is critical to read update release notes. Disable auto update - it will bite you.

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is critical to read update release notes. Disable auto update - it will bite you.
Does Blue Iris post all release notes by version somewhere? I tried to find release notes for the version I am on 5.8.4.5 but on their website I only find release notes for 5.8.5.6