Substream FPS setting.... Where did it go?

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the web GUI of my oldest Dahuas, I can set the frame rates of the main and subs separately. Under Camera/Video tab.
The newer cams and newer web GUIs I can't find the setting. What am I missing?

Last edited:

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera , encode shows frame rates of main and sub.. and I frame, bit rate, etc also.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"shows" or allows editing?
I can see the current fps in BI but that does not let me set them.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots.

Which browser are you using?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I only have one cam with the new GUI but it's there for mine with both Chrome and Edge.

Wait, are you talking about in BI or in the cam interface? Your second post saying BI made me wonder.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@rdxny 's answer got me there. On my older dahuas, I view their GUI in a still-functional IE and substream fps is under camera/video.

my newer cams will open in Firefox and present the 'new gui' which i think of as the "blue gui" vs the old "grey gui" (I really wish these guis had established version designators) But it seems that there is another intermediate gui on one of the cams, but I'm forgetting.

AFAIK, BI doesn't offer the control to change the sub FPS, it can only be done within the native cam GUI.
So, anyway, I use this to set my subs to 15fps and this demonstrably reduces CPU load, especially when doing a replay with all cameras displayed.
My next question is: How much am I hurting myself by setting this... motion detection, alerts... am I hobbling the functions?

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are asking whether 15fps is hobbling any camera functions like motion or alerts, then no. I think 15fps is what most of us use, what is recommended here, and enough for the intended use. All my cams are15 fps... both main and sub.