Subdivision Security Systems?

dalepa

Reaction score
Anyone have experience in setting up subdivision security/camera systems?

After yet more thefts in the subdivision, (appears we have been targeted) I'm wondering if technology is now at the point where complete subdivision camera systems are available.

Sure seems like this is a market that's about to take off and long overdue.

I'm betting that our HOA would pass a complete system if it was affordable and allows homeowner access.

crowdsourcing security!

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's my specialty in my area. I do consulting to HOA's. I thought about the idea of forming a "big brother" network of "little brother" homeowner's cameras to provide coverage where it's not feasible for an HOA to install cameras. For example, they can take the feed from my 12mm Hik that covers almost the entire length of the street.

What I'm trying to do now to save money on our security patrols is to get volunteers to monitor the cameras in our own park using a PTZ in the center. It would work a tour of the park's keep problem areas. If a volunteer see's something funny, they would report it to the patrol company or law enforcement based on the severity. Also, I thought of tying alarm out to the sprinkler system. If there's drug deals in the park after-hours, turn on sprinklers in those zones to annoy them into finding another neighborhood to bother. With LPR and cameras at each entrance, exit, we have a 100% success rate with law enforcement as it is.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like the sprinkler idea.. Nothing worse than wet dope.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Guns, and lots of them, and make sure everyone in the neighborhood and everyone who comes into the neighborhood knows that there are people everywhere just looking for a chance to legally blow someone away. The whole HOA thing only works for yuppies who can afford to live in fancy subdivisions that actually have HOA's.