Streaming Recorded video

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I have a conundrum, and I apologize in advance if I am wasting time. I have 12 hours of recorded video (Dahua IPC) and it was not set up for motion detection. Is there a way to stream this so that the NVR can then pick up the movement and provide me markers of it? It will of course save me time to view the 12 hours recording and maybe in the future help if I have this problem.

Hope to get a positive response.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What sort of NVR do you have?

Some of the Dahua cameras have a channel 0. Which is essentially capturing the screen of the NVR's video output to a monitor. Trouble, is that this is often turned off when exiting from live view of cameras page.

Anyway,
RTSP stream format of the NVR is
Code:
rtsp:/username:password@ip_address:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=17&subtype=0
Mine is a 16ch NVR, so channel 17 is the zero channel. For an 8ch NVR, ch9 would be the 'zero channel'.

You can easily add a video feed from the NVR back into itself.
1651926404314.png

But there has to be an easier way.....???
My other thought is to download all 12 hours of footage from the NVR and then use an application on the computer to look through it.
Maybe even downloading Blue Iris and use it in trial version would be enough...?

Next idea is to use OBS RTSP server and play the video from the computer back into the NVR as an RTSP stream.