Stray puppy sneaks in home!

Reaction score
I usually sit with the front door open when it's nice outside, today a puppy sneaks in. He is first seen at neighbors door. I asked my neighbor and they said he is not theirs. He hid beside the couch for more than two hours and never made a sound. I was sitting a few feet from him on the computer. My girlfriend discovered him as she went to sit down and sees him look around the couch at her. She thought it was one of the animals from the gremlin movie. You will hear how she reacts.

Reaction score
I hope you found the owner, or plan to adopt the pup yourself.

When a dog chooses you, keep it.
I reached out on next door and no one responded. My sister said she would give him a forever home. Well i used to train dogs, but now I do not want the responsibility of having a dog or training. It's just like having kids, a lot of work. I would train the dog but the people would revert to the habits they had before the training and the dogs would go back to the same behavior. I would get called asking why is the dog not doing what you taught it. :facepalm:

Reaction score
I reached out on next door and no one responded. My sister said she would give him a forever home. Well i used to train dogs, but now I do not want the responsibility of having a dog or training. It's just like having kids, a lot of work. I would train the dog but the people would revert to the habits they had before the training and the dogs would go back to the same behavior. I would get called asking why is the dog not doing what you taught it. :facepalm:
Well, I'm glad you found a home for him. The little guy came to you for help, and you gave it. The dog gods are smiling upon you today.

Reaction score
That puppy is going to be no trouble at all. He will not eat your shoes, or your walls, or your pillow (while your are sleeping on it), or the TV remote....
Ha, no he won't eat mine, he has a new home at one of my sisters who had been wanting a companion for over a year. But while i fostered him i picked up a bunch of dollar store junk he could chew on.

Reaction score
Ha, no he won't eat mine, he has a new home at one of my sisters who had been wanting a companion for over a year. But while i fostered him i picked up a bunch of dollar store junk he could chew on.
So I'm curious ... any idea of the breed? It was hard to tell in the video if he was a small adult, or still a puppy.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
^^^^ Duck tape fixes everything!
He has had that dog for about 8 years now. My son and his family have lived on their 4.1 acres a little longer than that. In all that time, they have never run across any of the dogs droppings. Ever. So what I am getting at is that you would have to find some to retrieve all of the bits and pieces the the stuff he has eaten. Ain't happnin'. :rofl: :rofl:

Reaction score
So I'm curious ... any idea of the breed? It was hard to tell in the video if he was a small adult, or still a puppy.
Still a puppy, some type of terrier. My sister is happy with him and she said he only had one mistake in the house and that it was her fault because after he peed she brought him back inside and he pooped. So she said he hasn't done that again. She named him lucky.

Reaction score
Still a puppy, some type of terrier. My sister is happy with him and she said he only had one mistake in the house and that it was her fault because after he peed she brought him back inside and he pooped. So she said he hasn't done that again. She named him lucky.
Sounds like he's going to grow up to be a smart little guy. Your sister was the lucky one, I think.