Strange Issue. I keep losing Main Stream for Camera 1.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A few days ago I noticed the image on Cam 1 was frozen on IVMS 4200. I logged into my 7608NI and found that I had a substream picture but not mainstream. The only way I can get mainstream back up is change Video Quality from Medium to Low (Anything above Low and I lose mainstream) or lower the resolution from 2048 X 1536 to 1080P. Bitrate is set to 4096. Increasing or decreasing bitrate has no impact. Logging into the camera itself I do get a mainstream picture regardless of settings.

Rebooting the NVR does not resolve the issue nor does resetting the camera to factory settings. I am using the NVR's POE ports.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Update: Problem appears to be with the camera. I flipped cables for channels 1 and 2 and the problem followed. Both channels 1 and 2 are DS‑2CD2032‑I running firmware 5.3.0

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are changing a Video Quality setting, that suggests your camera is using VBR (Variable bit rate) streaming. In this mode, the Bit rate option is only a maximum bit rate, not the actual bit rate the encoding will happen at. I suggest you change it to CBR (Constant bit rate) and see if that helps. That way, at least, the bit rate will be what you set it to be. Is the camera wired directly to the NVR, and not going through any other network devices on the way?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was able to fix the problem by doing a hard reset on the camera. I did learn one interesting thing. The HDMI output apparently uses the substream which explains why the video sucks. Anyone know if you can switch it to mainstream?

Last edited by a moderator: