Storage warning on bottom of BI Interface

red3recon

n3wb
Reaction score
All,

This may be a version 4 issue, have the latest update (as of 20 JAN) installed and the notification area shows !!\\NAS-16.8G and recordings are not being made to my \\NAS\BlueIris1$\New folder. In the log the object says "Clips" and error is "\\NAS: 108.1.19G/18.0G(-16.8G)

I had this running like this for almost 2 years with version 3 without issue. I am using a buffalo NAS.

Has anyone else had any issues? Thanks!

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check your paths in BI 4, you'll notice they are still pointing to your old BI 3.66 folders. This happens when you upgrade 3.x to 4.x (I know because I did exactly that).

Don't forget the webserver path - it also will be using the 3.x web files.

In short make sure you go thru ALL the BI paths (even the log path stays stuck to 3.x).

Hope that helps. :cool:

red3recon

n3wb
Reaction score
I will log back in and check that right now. I record to my NAS, are you saying that I need to create new folders on my NAS? Not tracking how the upgrade would impact those folders, but the others I am and will look at them now. Thanks for the fast response!

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I record to my NAS, are you saying that I need to create new folders on my NAS? Not tracking how the upgrade would impact those folders, but the others I am and will look at them now. Thanks for the fast response!
Make sure you are on the latest update (4.0.0.23 as of this writing), also check to see if you're getting BI file move/delete errors (they are the yellow warning sign), you can check your log file. I had these errors and BI could not maintain the folders correctly, not sure if it was a permission problem or what - I just cleared out all the old 3.66 clips (you could move them to a different directory temporarily until the time comes when they need to be deleted - which you can do manually). After removing the 3.x clips the BI folder management error disapeared.

Never did hunt down the exact reason - sorry.

red3recon

n3wb
Reaction score
You are the man! So I went to me NAS and renamed the 4 folders there to .old (so I have a "New.old" folder, slight chuckle at that) and then created 4 new ones and everything came online like a champ! Thanks again Zxel! I knew I came to the right place :)

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are the man! So I went to me NAS and renamed the 4 folders there to .old (so I have a "New.old" folder, slight chuckle at that) and then created 4 new ones and everything came online like a champ! Thanks again Zxel! I knew I came to the right place :)
You're Welcome, pass it on...

scottf

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem, with plenty of free space available but still getting warnings. I have emailed BI support and opened a case with them.

red3recon

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem, with plenty of free space available but still getting warnings. I have emailed BI support and opened a case with them.
Did you shut down BI and rename the four folders to *.old and then create 4 new ones and then start BI back up?

scottf

n3wb
Reaction score
Ken got back to me, he said it was indeed a bug. Seems to be fixed in the very latest release.

red3recon

n3wb
Reaction score
So I upgraded to windows 10, upon boot up Blueiris needed my license key before it would start up. When it did it had saved all of my settings but I was getting that same NAS error as the start of this post. I shut it down and renamed folders to .old and restarted but had the same problem. I ticked the box that said "do not monitor me NAS for free space (Some NAS's)" and then it worked. I was upgrading from windows 7 so I also found out that Blueiris will not autostart the same way it did in Windows 7 so I ticked the "start as a service" and that fixed it.