Starlink router

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is a good router for 3rd party Starlink Now day’s? I‘m looking at RT-86Uax Pro or the RT-86Uax?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is a good router for 3rd party Starlink Now day’s? I‘m looking at RT-86Uax Pro or the RT-86Uax?
the synology rt6600ax discussed in that thread has a great feature set including VLAN support that asus does not have.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
what about the quite expensive Asus Rog Rapture series?

the synology rt6600ax discussed in that thread has a great feature set including VLAN support that asus does not have.
are you saying I need a router with VLAN support? And what router would be synology? And why do I need VLAN? Not savvy on that. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are you saying I need a router with VLAN support? And what router would be synology? And why do I need VLAN? Not savvy on that. Thanks
You don't necessarily need a router with a vlan support but VLAN will allow you to completely isolate your camera network from the rest of your network for an added layer of security.. this is a feature generally not available on home routers. It has many more features that you might find useful I suggest watching a YouTube video or two that goes into detail.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You don't necessarily need a router with a vlan support but VLAN will allow you to completely isolate your camera network from the rest of your network for an added layer of security.. this is a feature generally not available on home routers. It has many more features that you might find useful I suggest watching a YouTube video or two that goes into detail.
Thank you for the respond. I watched hours of YT video and looked up “best router for Starlink”. It gave me the top choices of NETGEAR, Asus, and TP-link. I haven’t opened the RT-ax86u Pro box yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the respond. I watched hours of YT video and looked up “best router for Starlink”. It gave me the top choices of NETGEAR, Asus, and TP-link. I haven’t opened the RT-ax86u Pro box yet.
You are searching incorrectly. The router doesn't care who your internet provider is.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I got the RT-AX86U Pro running. But I don’t know if I did it right and I haven’t got it hookup for remote access yet. I gave me an option of hooking up DHCP, PPoE, or Static IP. I couldn’t get Static IP to work. So I used the DHCP. Next, do some research.
I just found out that this router does support VLAN. But I wouldn’t know how to get it setup anyhow.

Last edited: