Sricam SP009 scheduled images?

Reaction score
I've just got a new Sricam as a replacement IP camera. iOS app (finally) connects, and I can see the rtsp stream in VLC.

What I want to do is somehow either a) display a current still image from the camera on a webpage; or b) create a regular snapshot to include on a webpage. I'm a complete noob regards ONVIF so don't know if you can build a link string to display a current snapshot. ONVIF is video rather than stills, yes?

Thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've just got a new Sricam as a replacement IP camera. iOS app (finally) connects, and I can see the rtsp stream in VLC.

What I want to do is somehow either a) display a current still image from the camera on a webpage; or b) create a regular snapshot to include on a webpage. I'm a complete noob regards ONVIF so don't know if you can build a link string to display a current snapshot. ONVIF is video rather than stills, yes?

Thoughts?
Welcome to the forum. Since you recently purchased this cam, pack it up and send it back. Consider yourself lucky. Then search the forum here for much better options.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Since you recently purchased this cam, pack it up and send it back. Consider yourself lucky. Then search the forum here for much better options.
Ouch, that's a harsh call on the camera. :laugh:
Unfortunately I may have to just kiss goodbye to the $US29 shelled out to aliexpress_dot_com [shrugs]. That's my coffee rations cut for a week or two. :shame:
I try to do things on the cheap, so may try to continue to tinker. Any suggestions or pointers to hacking / re-flashing it are gladly accepted.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch, that's a harsh call on the camera. :laugh:
Unfortunately I may have to just kiss goodbye to the $US29 shelled out to aliexpress_dot_com [shrugs]. That's my coffee rations cut for a week or two. :shame:
I try to do things on the cheap, so may try to continue to tinker. Any suggestions or pointers to hacking / re-flashing it are gladly accepted.
Its not cheap to waste hours tinkering with an unreliable subpar camera..

Reaction score
Ok, interestingly enough I got the SP009 camera working by connecting to another network: not sure if it was a router compatibility issue or 10.1.1.* vs 192.168.1.* range issue. Next is to work out how to telnet in - any idea what port would be open for this? 22/23/554/5000 all no go.