Sound Files for Blue Iris

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of the features I find so awesome and fun with BI is the ability to assign audio files to triggered alarm events. In a lot of ways this gives BI a feeling of having its own version of Microsoft’s very own Cortana. Of course you can’t interact with the BI like Cortana, but it’s real cool beingable to listen to triggered events on your PC/Speaker system and know exactly what camera triggered.

I find this very useful since I keep my speakers on 24/7 and can hear the audio files throughout most of the house.

I created enough audio files to meet most users’ needs, but focused on exterior camera locations. I can make more if enough people enjoy using these, so feedback is encouraged.

I also felt it appropriate to give BI a female voice and name her Iris. These are digital text-to-voice translations. I also created a set containing a male voice, but most will probably enjoy using the female one.

Getting all these to sound good did require some playingaround with certain words. Some words didn’t translate well and sounded awful, but these all sound pretty darn good.

The files were recorded at 44.100 kHz 16-bit Stereo and saved in wav format. Assigning the audio files is a cakewalk. Simply open up BI’s Camera properties window and select the “Alerts” tab. From there just locate the file you want to assign and link it inside the “Sound an alarm using PC or camera speakers” actions option.

Below are the locations identified by each sound file. 34 in all.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

-------------------------------
Backyard Window
Car Port
Chicken Coop -for laughs
Chimney -For Laughs
Driveway
North Gate
South Gate
East Gate
West Gate
Front Porch
Front Walkway
Front Windows
Garage Door
Guest House
Inside Garage
Kitchen Window
Mailbox
North Wall
South Wall
East Wall
West Wall
Outhouse
RV
Trailer
Spy Cam1
Spy Cam2
Spy Cam3
Storage Shed
Street Cam
Swimming Pool
Trash Bins
Wildlife Cam 1
Wildlife Cam 2
Wildlife Cam 3
---------------------

Female Voice (Iris)

Male Voice (Central Command)

TiGeR

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NOTE:

I was having problems downloading this using the Microsoft Edge browser. Instead I used Microsoft IE 11.

Click on the link and allow it to open a new tab at Dropbox. When the window finishes loading select the Download button located on the upper right corner and select “Direct Download”.

A new window will display giving you the option of signing into Dropbox. You can ignore this by selecting the “No thanks –continue to download” option on the bottom of the window.

TiGeR