Someone Please Tell Me How These Screws Come Out

rastalinus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm speaking of the screws outside of the fan's frame, the one's with the springs. I really appreciate any help!! I'm trying to replace the fan on my Lorex LHV210800 DVR. It's about to crap out; it's acting like it's dying.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
A pic of the screwhead would be helpful. Is it a secure torx?

rastalinus

n3wb
Reaction score
If you look at the picture I've attached and find the spring that's underneath the plain black head, I'm referring to it. To see what's going on underneath the chip board will take a lot of work, that's I'm coming to you guys first. Thank you for help.

Attachments

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
If you look at the picture I've attached and find the spring that's underneath the plain black head, I'm referring to it. To see what's going on underneath the chip board will take a lot of work, that's I'm coming to you guys first. Thank you for help.
My semi-educated guess is that a quick release fastener that's meant to fan & heatsink thermally connected to the heat source below.
If true, push down & rotate 90 or 180 degrees to free the fan assy. Keep trying ideas and methods. No special tools are p'bly needed

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Most PCB boards like this need to come out to replace the fan. The spring put tension on the plastic foot that has a split in or slot in it. Push down, use a pair of needle nose to close the split and it will fit through the hole. Common on mainboards or video cards but Im thinkin you will have to get under it to do so. It might look like this on the bottom.
sink.JPG