Software Recommendation for monitoring: PC & iPhone

jimsar1

n3wb
Reaction score
New to all this and to this forum, so please bear with me.

A few months ago I bought an OEM Dahua NVR (Model NVR4208-8P equivalent) and it has been running fine with the 3 Dahua PoE cameras I have thus far. It is for home security, and my question has got to do with software to monitor / manage the system.

When I'm at home I can of course access the NVR directly through a small TV / monitor that I connected to the NVR. However, when I'm in a different room working, I'd like to be able to watch the video from my PC running Windows 10. And when I'm away, an iOS app will also be helpful. Currently, when I'm on my PC, I just go to the NVR's IP address, log in to the device, and watch the video feed. Very limited as to what else I can do. On the iPhone, EasyViewer used to work OK, but when they upgraded to a newer version and the iPhone to iOS 10, it stopped working. Instead of wasting more time on making EasyViewer work, is there a better solution out there for both desktop and iPhone? Free is best, but won't mind paying a modest fee for a stable product.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Jim