Software issues

Mda

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to reboot my router now I cannot get the blue iris software to recognize my foscam wifi cameras I believe I have set up the port forwarding properly when I'm plugged in via eathernet ip cam can see the address but when I attempt to set up wireless ip cam is blank any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I had to reboot my router now I cannot get the blue iris software to recognize my foscam wifi cameras I believe I have set up the port forwarding properly when I'm plugged in via eathernet ip cam can see the address but when I attempt to set up wireless ip cam is blank any help would be greatly appreciated
How did you install the Foscam cameras? Did you assign static ip addresses for each camera yourself?

Mda

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes they both have a static IP address set up by a friend but he is not available for the next several days to help walk me through the process

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't have Foscam cameras or use Wireless connections for my cameras, but I'm guessing the IP Address of each cameras was lost when the router rebooted. This would cause Blue Iris to no longer see your cameras. It sounds like you need to re-assign static ip addresses for your cameras and confirm the settings in Blue Iris match your camera settings.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
You might have better luck with responses if you post this in the Foscam section of this forum.

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
why is this thread in installation pics?

SSNapier

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might also look at your router to see if there are DHCP reservations set for these devices instead of actual static IP's. I have done that in the past where I would setup a camera with DHCP, then make a reservation in the router. Then after that is working I would set the camera to a static IP anyway. That covers me if the camera loses it settings at any point.