SmartPSS and Dahua NVR problem with notification "Requesting the first frame video..."

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good day everyone.

Today I came across a problem again (Requesting the first frame video ...) when I wanted to review what was happening on the video at a certain time on camera!
I noticed that a couple of times before but I did not give importance to it, but today I decided to write about this on the forum and see if any of you had this problem, that they won't play the video that happened at that time but skip it and play the next video.

The NVR I own is the Dahua NVR4108HS-4KS2 / L and has been updated to the latest firmware V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322 (but I want to mention that this also happened with the previous firmware), also all the cameras I own are Dahua IP cameras!

Greeting !

Dahua NVR problem.jpg

Last edited:

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My version is the V4.002.0000000.2.R 220120
Here is the latest firmware to download from the Dahua site.

DH_NVR4x-4KS2L_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322.jpg

But I don't think the problem is in the firmware version because it seems to me that I noticed this error once with the first and factory version of the firmware that was installed when I bought the device.

"Maybe" is a problem in the HDD itself, although I don't believe it because it also bought a new WD40PURZ
and no shows signs of damage when viewed in health status!

WD40PURZ.jpg
WD40PURZ - status.jpg

Last edited:

Jolino

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Problem is probably in the camera, is the camera updated with the latest firmware?
Try setting the nvr in continues recording mode for a couple of minutes and see if you have any disconnect during the time, are you running the cameras on motion detect or SMD?

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Problem is probably in the camera, is the camera updated with the latest firmware?
Try setting the nvr in continues recording mode for a couple of minutes and see if you have any disconnect during the time, are you running the cameras on motion detect or SMD?
Heh.
I always keep all my devices up to date with the latest firmware!;)

And don't believe me, the new firmware for the IPC-HFW3841T-ZAS camera was released today, and this problem manifested itself with the latest firmware.
But it has happened before on footage from two different cameras. Not that it happens often, but maybe once a month and it annoys me a little ...

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe the function on NVR - Sleep Strategy, which I switched from Auto to Never today, so I'll follow. Maybe he's going to sleep, so the first frames aren't enough ...?
Sleep Strategy.jpg

Jolino

n3wb
Reaction score
Heh.
I always keep all my devices up to date with the latest firmware!;)

And don't believe me, the new firmware for the IPC-HFW3841T-ZAS camera was released today, and this problem manifested itself with the latest firmware.
But it has happened before on footage from two different cameras. Not that it happens often, but maybe once a month and it annoys me a little ...

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe the function on NVR - Sleep Strategy, which I switched from Auto to Never today, so I'll follow. Maybe he's going to sleep, so the first frames aren't enough ...?
View attachment 126123
Great to hear the firmeware did the job :)

I had this problem many times when running both SMD and regular motion detect. But only with the 4-serie NVR.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great to hear the firmeware did the job :)

I had this problem many times when running both SMD and regular motion detect. But only with the 4-serie NVR.
My camera is set to SMD detection,

SMD.jpg

while in NVR it is set to Motion detection,

NVR Motion Detection setting.jpg

maybe I'm wrong in the settings and I should turn off the SMD in the camera ...?

Jolino

n3wb
Reaction score
My camera is set to SMD detection,

View attachment 126131

while in NVR it is set to Motion detection,

View attachment 126130

maybe I'm wrong in the settings and I should turn off the SMD in the camera ...?
No, everything looks correct!
The SMD is a analytic tool and is not supported from the NVR. The camera handles all the analytic when attached to a 4-serie NVR. (5-serie can handle analytics inside NVR)

But you have a strong camera and it should not be a problem :)

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But you have a strong camera and it should not be a problem :)
Yes, only when you say a powerful camera my dream and desire is to buy IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED ( IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED ), but here in Serbia that camera costs a lot of money around 485 $ and the supplier never has it in stock, but it has to be ordered and waited for about 30-40 days to arrive ... :(

I always say that all of you who live in the USA always have everything available to you at much lower prices! :);)

Thanks.

Last edited:

WFXX

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

Anyone experienced time out and a very slow connection when using "web interface" ?

I had to downgrade back to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000007.1.R.210827 to make it work better

Thanks