Reaction score
SiriusXM Sued for How Hard it is to Cancel
Steve Lehto

1703356891851.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's about time ^^^^
And I can think of a couple of streaming services that need to get their hands slapped as well.

While we're mentioning crooked online services, I'll mention No-IP. I've had their "Enhanced Dynamic DNS" with up to 25 hostnames for 10 years, since Nov. 2013.
They billed my credit card $22 every month and in 2016 it went up to $24.95 per month...no problem.
It remained at $24.95 per month for 7 years until Oct. 2023 when it jumped to $59.99 per month....no email, no warning....a 140% increase!
No way would I have approved that.
So I call them. They have no special extension for billing. They say online to fill out a ticket, so I did, got a ticket number.
Waited a week, no response so I log in and look.....no ticket!
I cancelled of course but I'm paid up for a year whether I like it or not.
Bottom line? NO-IP is a bunch of crooks disguised as a legitimate DDNS provider.
Capital One was no help, I called it fraudulent and they had me filling out forms by the dozen so I dropped the issue...I can make 3 times that $$$ in the time it's take me to fill out and submit the copies, etc.

I'd love for No-IP to read this or anyone else out there that has had a similar issue with them. NO-IP IS AS CROOKED AS A DOG'S HIND LEG!
I urge you to cancel your No-IP DDNS or other DDNS, become a IPCT+ member and use IPCT's DDNS !

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
A few days ago I got an offer from Sirius/xm to reactivate one of our vehicle radios for 3 months for free, no credit card required. I passed it up figuring they'd be harassing me after the 3 months ran out.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A few days ago I got an offer from Sirius/xm to reactivate one of our vehicle radios for 3 months for free, no credit card required. I passed it up figuring they'd be harassing me after the 3 months ran out.
Same here. I kept it in wife's 2020 Fusion, killed it in my 2018 F-150 a year ago.
Probably got 6 offers in the last year, I passed them up as well.
The Fusion subscription includes streaming on TV or phone app so I just stream from my Android phone to the radio when I drive the F-150. :idk:

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SiriusXM should allow the option to cancel a subscription through their website but they don't so you have to call them. I have to call every six months and threaten to cancel my subscription just to keep my current lower rate for the next billing cycle. That's another game they make you play that I hate but otherwise it wouldn't be worth paying the regular high price rates.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SiriusXM thinks they have a God-given right to your money
Louis Rossmann

1703397457393.png