Simple setup questions on placement

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a simple raised ranch on a city lot (not much yard- back yard is not much bigger than the front yard). I plan on starting the setup of security camera system starting with two outdoor dome cameras.

Before I start running wires and drilling holes I would like some professional opinions. I planned on putting a ACTI B95 on the front upper corner board (where the red dot is) facing across the yard, front door and driveway and then placing a ACTI B85 on the opposite side of the house facing across the yard, back door/windows. Are these two cameras enough for outside? Is this the ideal location to mount them? Should I have the front camera setup to zoom in on motion ( for example front door/driveway) or should I leave it in a static position?

I attached a picture of my house below.. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

received_10206834284991286.jpg

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
why the hyper-expensive acti cams? If you already have 'em great, but unless you've got money to burn,
you can get better cams for a lot less money...

as for placement, one at each end of the house looking out/across (with wider view)
and one at the front door (narrow view) would be a good start.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I already have them, I do I agree they are over priced. Fortunately, I didn't pay much for them. Do you think the lens size is suitable for the view I'm trying to achieve? Great suggestion about the front door. I have also been looking at these. Any suggestion for one that has or supports two way audio capability?